Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Even if you liked the idea of Steven Gerrard, every time we win we'd have to put up with that tedious narrative about him going to Liverpool. 

I think he always comes across in a really annoying way whenever I've seen him in the media. "I'm a disciplinarian, you know." Yeah, alright, you're not afraid to slag off your players/anyone else in the media, good on you, change the record. 

But then you can't deny his achievements there and it would be exciting to appoint a younger and more up-and-coming manager. Would be a satisfying tonic to what we've dealt with the last two and a bit years. 

I honestly wouldn’t be bothered about any Liverpool narrative, if he say did come here and moved onto LFC at some point it would mean he would have done a good job here and if so, by that stage, we will be in a position to appoint another good manager or someone way better. It’s kind of a win win situation from where we are at right now. And if not, again, any future manager/s from now on in will have to be successful with performances to match or they will be replaced. If that is Gerrard or Emery or whoever… 

5 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Not keen on some of the names being bandied around. Gerrard, Lampard, Martinez etc. Emery yes but prefer Conte. Whoever comes in has a big job on just knocking this lot into shape, mentally and physically

It’s a tricky one because we are into the season, are in a relegation fight and we are not a top side so our options are going to be limited. Ideally we would throw whatever it takes to bring say a Conte in and just give him what he wants, but even that brings its own risks. I’m genuinely trying to put myself in the new owners’ shoes and thinking what is best right now and honestly, other than Bruce HAS to go, I don’t envy their position. I think any half competent manager, be it Gerrard or Howe or higher up the scale in Emery, with good backing in January, keeps us up easily. The difficultly is we are in between a rock and a stone, short-term vs long-term. The longer Bruce stays and the damage him remaining causes, however, puts is in an even worse position. We cannot afford to lose against Palace which is a must win game.

I'd take Howe, like. He'd be an incredible upgrade on what we've got at the minute and I think he'd surprise a few people. He'd have us safe but would be disposable should they want to appoint their long-term candidate in the summer. 

Edited by NEEJ

Howe would sort out our attacking side more than the defence, but with structure and a system which ideally you’d hope would ease pressure on the defence so that side would improve too. I rate him and he’d be a good appointment. 

1 minute ago, Menace said:

What's Howe done to get this credit? His team was regularly getting smashed in the Prem, if you think we can't defend now, I'd imagine you haven't seen Bournemouth play last few years

I’d gladly to have taken him in the Ashley era. Incredibly underwhelming under the new owners. He didn’t half fuck Celtic about as well 

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

What's Howe done to get this credit? His team was regularly getting smashed in the Prem, if you think we can't defend now, I'd imagine you haven't seen Bournemouth play last few years

:lol: probs something to do with the whole 'making fucking Bournemouth an established Premier League club'. 

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, Menace said:

So naive.

It's the job he did with Bournemouth in general, they are a tiny club and he got them punching well above where they should be.

Some people on here already have delusions of grandeur, we are basically starting from the very bottom, we’re in the middle of a relegation battle with a poor squad. The best we could possibly do at the minute is someone like Howe. Anyone that thinks someone like conte or someone of that standard would touch us currently absolutely needs their head read 

Just now, nufcnick said:

Some people on here already have delusions of grandeur, we are basically starting from the very bottom, we’re in the middle of a relegation battle with a poor squad. The best we could possibly do at the minute is someone like Howe. Anyone that thinks someone like conte or someone of that standard would touch us currently absolutely needs their head read 

Hardly delusions of grandeur not wanting Howe 

3 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Stupid comment. There are realistic options better than howe ffs. Doesn’t mean anyone has delusions of grandeur to be underwhelmed by howe 

Edited by gdm

Much rather Gerrard over Howe. Howe has shown nothing. Think people underestimate Gerrards achievement in getting rangers competitive again. Howe just spent loads of money and when things took a dip for the 1st time relegated a team which was all his doing. No chance he keeps this lot up, not with his wife whinging on either from the south coast or her rented house up here.

Howe's far from the worst option. We're a couple years off appointing a massive name, and it'd likely end in tears if we appointed one now anyway. I'd happily take him on 18 month deal or something to come in and steady the ship. Get us to a place where we can then think about top managers.