Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

7 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 hopefully the stats of the missed goals opportunities will be put to bed soon enough, just like his old defensive stats! 😎

Sorry to keep banging on about it, but this stat just makes me angry every time I see it, because the only game we lost this season was against Liverpool where we got cheated out of going 2-0 up and winning the game.

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

A good egg 

my friends son on the right, hes still buzzing tonight lol, EH left a very good impression as you'd expect

Edited by RobS

19 minutes ago, RobS said:

my friends son on the right, hes still buzzing tonight lol, EH left a very good impression as you'd expect

That’s so lovely of Eddie and triggers a nice memory of my son playing (under 8’s) in front of Guardiola on his unveiling at City. Lost interest a bit in football but still has signed shirt/beaming smiley picture on his wall. 

7 minutes ago, Disco said:

Knowing how he is person who always wants to improve, he's probably gutted looking at that stat and be thinking he would have loved to turn those draws into wins rather than setting records. I bet you he's already studying the art of that right now.

That goals against stat though. Fuck me how well have we done in that aspect. The cunt Bruce with his 'attacking football' philosophy ffs.

Edited by nufcjb

Just wondering if we could flip the line ups and play more attacking line up to start and then the usual starting line up after 60+ to see out games?

Obviously this is only if the current starters are still struggling for goals of course. Tactic also only really works as long as the attacking players do the business early in the game and they give the more defensive line up something to see out. 

But yeah i just wonder, cus clearly our 11 we field at the moment don't give up many chances and are rock solid.

But instead of bringing on ASM and Isak late in the 2nd to try and create something, perhaps starting them and going for it from the first minute and then bringing on a fresh Joelinton/Willock/Longstaff (if any of them had to drop out) would be ideal for seeing out the game with high energy pressing. 

Would like to see it maybe trialled in one of the legs of the cup but I trust Eddie to find the best solution ofcourse. 

11 hours ago, 80 said:

Interesting to see only one of the other entrants there comes in the past 15 years or so. Shows what an achievement it is.

Exactly what I thought when I saw that stat. The Liverpool team (most recent) on that list did it playing very similar football to what we are now, albeit with a much bigger squad. Very impressive indeed.

13 hours ago, alexf said:

Just wondering if we could flip the line ups and play more attacking line up to start and then the usual starting line up after 60+ to see out games?

Obviously this is only if the current starters are still struggling for goals of course. Tactic also only really works as long as the attacking players do the business early in the game and they give the more defensive line up something to see out. 

But yeah i just wonder, cus clearly our 11 we field at the moment don't give up many chances and are rock solid.

But instead of bringing on ASM and Isak late in the 2nd to try and create something, perhaps starting them and going for it from the first minute and then bringing on a fresh Joelinton/Willock/Longstaff (if any of them had to drop out) would be ideal for seeing out the game with high energy pressing. 

Would like to see it maybe trialled in one of the legs of the cup but I trust Eddie to find the best solution ofcourse. 

We seem to have had the most fret in the beginning of our recent games, so don't think setting up more attacking would necessarily help. Don't see the need to change things unless we stop getting the same chances as we've had so far this year. Just need to keep faith in the players that they will start converting the chances.

We got a lot of joy by surprising teams and winning the ball very high up. Getting a transition in or near the opponents box is golden and we were doing it well. 
Either our intensity has dialled down just a fraction (would be understandable with our small pool of decent players) and/or teams have figured out a way to get the ball to the half way line where, if they lose it there, it’s less dangerous.

On top of that, teams like Palace would’ve treated us like equals at best early in the season.  Now mid or lower table teams sit lower and are more compact. For them, a draw is not a bad result.

4 minutes ago, Lotus said:

We got a lot of joy by surprising teams and winning the ball very high up. Getting a transition in or near the opponents box is golden and we were doing it well. 
Either our intensity has dialled down just a fraction (would be understandable with our small pool of decent players) and/or teams have figured out a way to get the ball to the half way line where, if they lose it there, it’s less dangerous.

On top of that, teams like Palace would’ve treated us like equals at best early in the season.  Now mid or lower table teams sit lower and are more compact. For them, a draw is not a bad result.

We're still pretty effective with the counter press when the game is open. There's only really a handful of times this season where we've struggled a bit against a low block.

Both him and us are in uncharted territories this season and its easy to be guilty of expecting too much but i hope going forward we can try and set up teams with a bit more adventure to win rather than a solid team that won't concede easily, hopefully we can seal the job in the second leg. 

Two out of three games that the Isak-Maxi double sub has saved us. He has to be thinking about changing the starting eleven now?

I still love him and the defensive record is unreal. But unless we're bringing in players in the next week that can enhance the precision of our attack whilst not losing the work ethic in defending from the front, it feels like something will need to be sacrificed in order to not stand still while teams over take us the second half of the season.

He's a better man than I keeping his cool in these games. :lol: