Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Personally think we should all pay for A-Ha to play for him live. Probably only cost some herring and that.

The wife loves Aha she would be standing next to Eddie at that one, she watches this at least once a week. Milf heaven.

11 hours ago, The Prophet said:

He's got an interesting choice to make now.

We're absolutely rock solid at the back, but in recent weeks we've been wasteful up top. The Joelinton-Willock partnership that looked so effective has been less fruitful and Wilson looks cooked.  ASM and Isak changed the game on Tuesday, I'll be shocked if at least one of them isn't in from the start next week.

This hits the nail on the head perfectly, and was what was going through my mind during the Southampton game when we couldn't break the deadlock, sort of feels like changes are needed in midfield and the final 3rd just to freshen things up a bit and to give guys like Isak and ASM the chance they probably deserve in fairness (Isak especially).

We are rock solid with that XI and with better finishing. We’ll kill the tie off and would have had a few more points on the board of late and all.  

But then on the flip side of that. We have been mainly awful in front of goal for what, 5 games now? At what point does it become not being able to rely on the players to score. As opposed to just an off day in front of goal?

Southampton will have to try and score a goal at some point. So Isak and/or ASM will be really dangerous here. 

I’m not sure he changes it. But I can see the argument for both sides.

1 minute ago, Likelylad said:

Once we have some more quality we’ll hopefully see more rotation. Some of our player have looked absolutely paggard at times. 

When will we find out Botman is paggard ? Hes just a fabulous robot in my eyes.

1 minute ago, TotalWar said:

Mix voice, its all placement and support, no effort. Should be able to do that all his life.

*shouting upstairs* "Bens wife !! We've got another one !!" 

Said a couple of months ago that there's a good to fair chance that teams have studied us relentlessly over the WC break and found a way to nullify us and almost shut us down. Recent results have borne that out tbh, we still look rock solid but we've looked blunt and toothless at times since Boxing Day. It's not Howe's fault but it is a problem that needs to be solved and we need to become less predictable and that might mean changing personnel, formation or buying players to mix it up a little to present a different challenge. 

Isak easily skinning the defender on the touchline and squaring it on Tuesday night for a tap in will have been noted and teams we play in the next 3 months will shut that down. We need to mix it up a bit. It's not a criticism of Howe but the reality of the situation is that if you become predictable then you become much easier to shut down. We need to start rattling a few cages again and give opponents different things to think about. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

Said a couple of months ago that there's a good to fair chance that teams have studied us relentlessly over the WC break and found a way to nullify us and almost shut us down. Recent results have borne that out tbh, we still look rock solid but we've looked blunt and toothless at times since Boxing Day. It's not Howe's fault but it is a problem that needs to be solved and we need to become less predictable and that might mean changing personnel, formation or buying players to mix it up a little to present a different challenge. 

Isak easily skinning the defender on the touchline and squaring it on Tuesday night for a tap in will have been noted and teams we play in the next 3 months will shut that down. We need to mix it up a bit. It's not a criticism of Howe but the reality of the situation is that if you become predictable then you become much easier to shut down. We need to start rattling a few cages again and give opponents different things to think about. 

I think we need to freshen it up a bit in terms of signings tbh, given how paggered Wilson has looked and the lack of edge about the front 3 of Joelinton, Wilson and Almiron that we've seen. But even still we've had enough chances to win the league games we've had bar Arsenal comfortably imo. Leeds especially and we should've been leading the Fulham game at half time. Palace maybe not so, but on another day Joelinton connects with that shot better, Wilson gets his free header on target or Trippier's set pieces/crosses are better.

Likewise with Leicester two weeks ago and on Tuesday night, we should've been leading well before we got the first goals in those games. It's why I think we're building up to just totally battering someone.

But given the squad depth we can't afford to massively rotate bar bringing Isak and ASM back in, which is why I feel that needs to be rectified in the coming 4-5 days. Opportunity missed if we don't imo.

Yeah main difference is loads of chances have fallen to Longstaff or Joelinton and they have been missing alot of simple ones lately. Whereas before Wilson was in form, Almiron was scoring everything he touched and Willock also was more useful. 

But yeah time for fresh faces in the attack. I feel ASM and Isak will take us to another level and we just need to adapt the rest of the tactics around it to ensure were still solid defensively.

As mentioned before ASM has an up side for defense also in that he pushes fullbacks back. Same way Rashford doesn't defend much but he would ensure Trippier can't roam forward much if we play them soon etc.

Edited by alexf

Think it's a more delicate job to balance things than meets the eye. ASM and Isak are both fantastic options for us but I think Howe will only make one change next week so as to not disturb so much of what we do well in terms of defence and control.

I have a feeling it'll be Isak for Wilson but I don't think that sorts the problem of players like Joelinton, Willock and Longstaff getting a lot of chances that they're missing, but it will help in taking Wilson out of the firing line who doesn't look mentally or physically at it right now.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

1 hour ago, midds said:

We are third top of the league!

4 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Given this man's love of A-Ha, surprised that's not something we've played/used for him yet.

play take on me after a massive win at home and let the crowd sing it to wor eddie 

FYI

On 09/11/2022 at 16:13, Kid Icarus said:

Decent template for anyone who's good at drawing though, because that's the way I think it would have to work - do an a-ha take on me video style drawing of Howe - rather than take a photo of Howe and try and stylise it into being like in the video. 

a-Howe.thumb.jpg.9e626bb5ecaff7c11b262feec7df4eb7.jpg