Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I'm just imagineing the state of us in the next few weeks. We have til 5pm on the 9th August to shift out a ton of players and also try and bring some in.

How the hell are we  supposed to shift this lot out.

Mitro,Colback,Hayden,Mbemba,Aarons,Saivet,Ritchie,Gayle? Tony? Armstrong?

It took us 4 weeks to sell a lad with a release clause that didnt need negotiating  :lol:

I'm just imagineing the state of us in the next few weeks. We have til 5pm on the 9th August to shift out a ton of players and also try and bring some in.

How the hell are we  supposed to shift this lot out.

Mitro,Colback,Hayden,Mbemba,Aarons,Saivet,Ritchie,Gayle? Tony? Armstrong?

It took us 4 weeks to sell a lad with a release clause that didnt need negotiating  :lol:

And here's why the new transfer deadline is fucking stupid.

Clubs on the continent aren't going to be in any rush to sign Mbemba, Sels & Saivet for instance, just because our deadline is over before theirs. They could be on our books after our deadline and Turkish, Belgian, Portuguese, clubs and so on will be thinking they'll get themselves a bargain. We'll have either had to buy players and they're not registered, in which case we might look just to get rid for cheaper, otherwise we could be sitting on £100-120k a week in dead wages.

Or, because clubs haven't bought our deadwood, we don't sign anyone, get stuck with these in the squad even though Rafa doesn't rate them.

Wonder what Justin Barnes and Keith Bishop have been up to over the last few weeks, probably been busy as fuck blocking deals and planting false rumours in the papers respectively. I mean, thats literally their jobs.

My back-of-the-envelope scribblings estimate that the club should have around £35m available in cash at this point in the year taking into account business done so far and assuming there has been no money paid up to Ashley (based on the 'every penny' comments). We know Ashley doesn't want to put additional funds into the club unless to stave off financial distress so that's probably a decent benchmark as to the maximum net cash outlay- so our approach to instalment vs cash up front could have a big impact.

assume that doesn't include TV payments?  i was trying to find that info from last year on how the payments are broken down but couldn't find it, have we been paid any yet?  general question btw not for you unless you know

Wonder what Justin Barnes and Keith Bishop have been up to over the last few weeks, probably been busy as fuck blocking deals and planting false rumours in the papers respectively. I mean, thats literally their jobs.

I would be awesome is 1 of them got murdered.  Not that i’m sick in the head or owt.

assume that doesn't include TV payments?  i was trying to find that info from last year on how the payments are broken down but couldn't find it, have we been paid any yet?  general question btw not for you unless you know

That includes the increase in TV money. We received £125.9m in TV money for 17/18 (according to an article on The Mag) - in the Championship our total media figure was £47m so I factored in the difference. However I missed the additional commercial income from PL block sponsorship, so that figure would be more like £45m. Again this is just based on past financials and rumoured figures. Other things could have happened this year which have not been reported yet.

That includes the increase in TV money. We received £125.9m in TV money for 17/18 (according to an article on The Mag) - in the Championship our total media figure was £47m so I factored in the difference. However I missed the additional commercial income from PL block sponsorship, so that figure would be more like £45m. Again this is just based on past financials and rumoured figures. Other things could have happened this year which have not been reported yet.

:thup:

Nothing has changed from a business sense in Ashley’s mind. The only real significant leap in earnings (at least to cover say £100m transfer spend) comes at CL qualification and the amount we’d need to invest to get close to that is a silly amount.

So spend as little as possible and try and stay in the division. That is Ashley’s business plan and little will change. If we do spend, it’s only in younger players who have potential to increase their value. We finished 10th with essentially the same starting XI we have available to us now, so he’s thinking why change anything?

The only sticking point is if the manager capable of making us stay up with this squad walks. If he goes we’re all buggered.

Depressing for so many reasons, but can see why in his head that it makes sense.

Exactly. We're getting a 2012/13 summer again because we did fine so he thinks we dont need players

Where's this bumper TV money gone? Didn't we earn £129Mil last season?

If Rafa isn't under a contract beyond next summer, we simply won't be committing and rolling the cash forward for the next manager. This season will be a write-off with survival the only aim.

If Rafa isn't under a contract beyond next summer, we simply won't be committing and rolling the cash forward for the next manager. This season will be a write-off with survival the only aim.

At the moment I'm assuming that the temporary nature of the signings we've made are an indicator that we are just doing what we need to see out Rafa's contract here, Ashley will be a lot more comfortable when he can appoint another yes man when Rafa leaves.

If their career goals include playing for Morecambe by age 25, then by all means they should join our academy.

:lol: Is Haris Vukcic still here like fucking Wooderson?

Guest ElCid

Nothing has changed from a business sense in Ashley’s mind. The only real significant leap in earnings (at least to cover say £100m transfer spend) comes at CL qualification and the amount we’d need to invest to get close to that is a silly amount.

So spend as little as possible and try and stay in the division. That is Ashley’s business plan and little will change. If we do spend, it’s only in younger players who have potential to increase their value. We finished 10th with essentially the same starting XI we have available to us now, so he’s thinking why change anything?

The only sticking point is if the manager capable of making us stay up with this squad walks. If he goes we’re all buggered.

Depressing for so many reasons, but can see why in his head that it makes sense.

You can see why in the head he does that the fat fucking cunt got us relegation twice with exactly that business plan and you can see why he does it - honestly man you have to be kidding me.

You can see why in the head he does that the fat fucking cunt got us relegation twice with exactly that business plan and you can see why he does it - honestly man you have to be kidding me.

Exactly that fucking business plan doesn't fucking work, luck always runs out. Right now Rafa is his luck.

It's fucking brainless. He won't sell up at a reasonable price, he won't put reasonable money in. He is syponing all the money back that he ever put in, with interest.

He is a complete gambler and surely soon if not already he will be turning profit off our own backs so if his gamble of not backing rafa and hoping he keeps us up backfires, selling at a loss when we are back in the championship or lower means nothing to his pocket.

Presuming we don't sell Lascelles and/or Shelvey, we have 3 and a bit weeks to sell a few squad players and sign a few of Rafa's targets. We are in a neutral position right now in terms of improvement, we haven't gone fowards but we also haven't gone backwards.

It shouldn't have to be like this, of course, but I'm not going to bang the same drum about the ownership. Let's just hope Rafa gets the 3/4 through the door that he wants and we can aim for top 10 again.