Transfer rumours

Yorkie

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-board-told-need-14972100

Rafa Benitez still wants to add FOUR new players to his squad before deadline day.

It is understood that the Newcastle United boss has made his concerns crystal clear to managing director Lee Charnley after handing a wanted list to the hierarchy in the last few days.

Benitez immediately flagged up that a new centre-back was needed following the injury to Florian Lejeune while his wish-list also contained left-back targets - including Ajax’s Nicolas Tagliafico - and both a striker and a new number 10.

However, Benitez has been told he must continue to cut his cloth accordingly and that only a limited spending pot is available during the rest of the window.

You've done Ryder a disservice there, like. He goes on immediately to criticise the club:

The feedback from his board is puzzling from a supporter’s point of view with not only the TV and Premier League merit revenue, worth around £100million, being available but also around £40million in fees for outgoing players including Aleksandar Mitrovic, Mikel Merino, Chancel Mbemba and Matz Sels.

Benitez’s wage bill has also been cleared with the exits of Jesus Gamez, Curtis Good and Massadio Haidara.

United have concerns all over the field should injuries cut into their squad with Lejeune’s injury leaving them a centre-back down and Benitez knowing he will have to play right-footed Javier Manquillo at left-back should Paul Dummett run into injury or fitness trouble.

Benitez has been playing youngsters such as Jamie Sterry, Cal Roberts and Victor Fernandez at full-back during pre-season.

Meanwhile, it is believed that talk of Christian Atsu joining Huddersfield is inaccurate.

And while there were fresh reports of Newcastle showing an interest in Ahmed Hegazi we understand there has been no contact from United on that score.

Still a shite journalist, no doubt, but fair's fair...

“Unlike Spurs, Newcastle have been very active this summer signing four players”

The Bishop feeding SSN yet again

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6896497/tottenham-transfer-news-geoffrey-kondogbia-valencia/amp/

Hopefully they can sign this bloke, and as a bonus (from a personal perspective) shut our PR machine (Sky/The Bishop) up. Powerhouse midfield presence, not unlike Yaya Toure.

Guest chopey

Instead of telling us why we're puzzled, why don't you do some fucking journalism and put those questions to the people with the answers? Cretin.

I'm on a one man twitter quest to call Ryder and Douglas out everytime they tweet to explain their cowardice

Hegazi

Tagliafico/Bryan

Rondon

Have we even been linked with a number 10?

Wouldn’t be the worst window in the end.

Would be a very decent window should we get all of those and Maia. People can be as negative as they want about net spend etc. but on the face of it we'd be much stronger, squad-wise and personnel-wise, than the beginning of last season.

When was the last time we addressed this many problem positions before the season started?

Hegazi

Tagliafico/Bryan

Rondon

Still basically no first choice upgrades. Would be a fucking pathetic window.

Hegazi

Tagliafico/Bryan

Rondon

Would be a very decent window should we get all of those and Maia. People can be as negative as they want about net spend etc. but on the face of it we'd be much stronger, squad-wise and personnel-wise, than the beginning of last season.

When was the last time we addressed this many problem positions before the season started?

Being stronger than the start of last season shouldn't be the benchmark.

The reason people are negative is because we should be aiming much, much higher.

Also we are being outspent (I know spending doesn't guarantee success BUT it gives you a better chance than not spending) by teams around us, look at the 2 teams that got promoted with us, if I'm not mistaken Brighton have spent £100mill since last summer, Huddersfield have spent about £60mill, whilst we've actually made money. That's the reason people are negative and rightly so.

Hegazi

Tagliafico/Bryan

Rondon

Kenedy, Rondon, Schar, Ki, Muto, Dubravka  would all be either definite starters or in first team-contention (3-4 of which are better than the people they would be replacing). Big if, but if we secured the signings of Maia, Bryan/Tagliafico, Hegazi/Fernandez (and  possibly a number 10) you wouldn't be satisfied?

Despite the bone-headed way we (I say we, I mean Ashley n co.)  have approached this window, I'd with argue anyone that claims we haven't made good progress from last season.

So basically giving the bare minimum to Rafa and next year some garbage like allardyce will come in and have money to blow.

I think it will be the bare minimum for any manager for the foreseeable future. All these loan deals and shorter contracts suggest that Ashley is happy to run everything short term and leave the long term problems to whoever will stump up the £400m to buy the club.

Hegazi

Tagliafico/Bryan

Rondon

Kenedy, Rondon, Schar, Ki, Muto, Dubravka  would all be either definite starters or in first team-contention (3-4 of which are better than the people they would be replacing). Big if, but if we secured the signings of Maia, Bryan/Oviedo, Hegazi/Fernandez (and  possibly a number 10) you wouldn't be satisfied?

Despite the bone-headed way we (I say we, I mean Ashley n co.)  have approached this window, I'd with argue anyone that claims we haven't made good progress from last season.

It's 10 years of sideways or backwards moves, the MO hasn't changed and now we have a World Class manager it's amplified how putrid this stuff is/has been.

We shouldn't be happy to tread water, we should be striving to compete with the best teams in England, with one of the best managers in the league. Simple.

Guest firetotheworks

Concerned Rafa isn't seemingly interested in signing a CM.

Not that it matters as I doubt he'll get anyone he wants anyway.

Maia and we've signed Ki?

Guest firetotheworks

The Maia reports are growing stronger, i have no idea who he is to be honest.

For the very little that it's worth, he's got one of the highest potential ratings in the world on PES.[emoji38] A strong, mobile, forward thinking midfielder looking at his YouTube highlights, but I think he maybe plays in more of a DM position.

The Maia reports are growing stronger, i have no idea who he is to be honest.

For the very little that it's worth, he's got one of the highest potential ratings in the world on PES.[emoji38] A strong, mobile, forward thinking midfielder looking at his YouTube highlights, but I think he maybe plays in more of a DM position.

Defensive midfielder, who has spent much of last season being played out of position at left back.