Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Tough on the midfield. Samaris would have been nice but the emergence of Longstaff and Hayden starting to play well has really stopped the need for a short term plaster like Samaris. Ki, Shelvey and Diame should all be back within the next couple of weeks. 

Would have liked another winger/striker for sure and Manquillo is hardly competition for Yedlin. We still lack a fair bit of quality but Almiron is potentially transformative.

6/10 window mainly high because we never expect to sign anyone let alone break our transfer record on a quality player. The LB is clearly far down our list of of alternatives so that takes a sheen off. If he can contribute I might bump up the score, smacks of Manquillo though.

I'm not sure Samaris was a short term plaster, Rafa seems to have been after him for while, so I assume he rates him.

I know we haven't seen him in forever but surely Aarons can't be worse than Murphy? We know Rafa can just not fancy players as we've seen to our detriment with Mbabu. Anyone actually seen him play since he's been farmed out everywhere?