Transfer rumours

Yorkie

That’s fine, but you also need the likes of Stones on top of that to push a level above.

Stones is a classy ball playing defender but my god is he careless and error prone. It even stands out in a team that dominates the ball so much and is hardly called upon to defend as much. Not a big fan at all. Love defenders that defend first and foremost.

That’s fine, but you also need the likes of Stones on top of that to push a level above.

Stones is a classy ball playing defender but my god is he careless and error prone. It even stands out in a team that dominates the ball so much and is hardly called upon to defend as much. Not a big fan at all. Love defenders that defend first and foremost.

Its easier to defend in a team like ours than Man City's. We barely ever have to deal with being exposed on the counter attack while that will be most of your defending at Man City and that is much harder than standing with a bank of 4 in front of you and defending crosses

Out of the current squad I'd keep the keeper, Schar,Lejeune and Fernandez the rest can go for me and of the entire squad id be surprised if anyone other than the keeper is still there 3 years after takeover

Almiron? ASM? The Longstaffs (particularly Matty)? Also the Lascelles patter above I agree with.

If you think the longstaffs will be anywhere near the squad 3 years after these take over you're off you're rocker.

Didn't say they would be.

13 years of Ashley or people who've only ever seen these standard of players play for us have this ridiculous perception they are good when they are fucking bang average and nowhere near as good as what we had under keegan or bobby.

Love a bit of ageism. Frankly, two of the players mentioned are younger than 23 and one is homegrown. To just go 'get rid, shite, not as good as the players between 93-04' is shortsighted and isn't how building a squad over time works.

We are going to be a team wanting to challenge for titles and in the champions league and you're talking about players like them for fucks sake

It's about building a squad over time as we won't have an immediate injection of quality. I didn't say that especially in that context you odious melt. :lol:

None of them players are even in the same league as the likes of Rob Lee,Gary Speed,Robert,Ginola,Solano,Gillespie,Dyer, etc etc

Probably yeah, never said they were.

Would any get into a top 6 team the answer is no so the lot will be fucked off and better players will be bought and rightly so

Never said they would and they won't be all sold immediately. Deary me.

I think we need to see the players under the new manager (if we get one). Players like Lascelles could flourish under a different manager, certain players do and certain manager just like certain players.

I don't believe a word of any of the transfer stories, it's just paper bollocks. I don't think we're going to see a massive turn around like some think.

I reckon we'll see a much slower growth, steady and built to fit whatever system is brought in. The odd big fee, but overall a modest building the team kind of spend.

Guest neesy111

James Rodriguez linked today, £28m.

Thats a good price

What's his form been like this season? Odd that BM are not taking up the option to buy him.

He's hardly played for Real this season.

Lampard and Terry were both part of a Chelsea squad before Abramovich arrived. It's wrong to suggest that there arent players in our squad that have a part to play post takeover. Rome wasn't built in a day, and we need a squad.

At the bare minimum, I'd keep these:

Dubravka, ASM, Almiron, Lascelles, Schar, Lejuene and the Longstaffs.

I guess the difference is that:

Chelsea were competing at the top of the league before Abramovich came in, and were signing players to match that ambition (above what they could reasonably sustain).

Lampard came to Chelsea at 24 or 25 years old in 2001, after being a regular for West Ham since 97 and believed already to be one of the better central midfielders in the league.

Terry had been a regular in a Chelsea side that were competing for the champions league spots  for 2 or 3 seasons, since the age of 20, and was widely known to be one of the most talented CBs of his generation.

Not really sure why I made the above point because I agree that we need to keep most of our players in the short term post takeover. :lol:

However, if we bring in a few central midfielders that pushes the Longstaffs (or anyone else listed above for that matter) out I won't really mind. I think it's very unlikely that they are good enough for a top 10 and better club, even if I'd prefer the new manager to focus on improving other weaker areas of the team which would allow the Longstaffs to at least show whether they are good enough or not. The other players I'd say are good enough to warrant a place in a side competing for a top 6 spot.

Its easier to defend in a team like ours than Man City's. We barely ever have to deal with being exposed on the counter attack while that will be most of your defending at Man City and that is much harder than standing with a bank of 4 in front of you and defending crosses

Hmmm ... I agree to some extent but not completely. In counter attacking situations, certainly, yes.

However Man City often have so much more of the ball and press high up the pitch so effectively that teams don't really tend to counter attack on them that well in general.

The thing about Stones as well is that a lot of his errors come in quite non threatening situations too. You only have to search John Stones mistake on youtube and a number of videos pop up with ridiculous errors.

Just not a fan. For £40 million I'd be disappointed if he was a defender we chose to spend that on.

Sky sports saying that we could be interested in Ighalo for £20m as his club will only let him go on a permanent deal at the end of his Man U loan spell. Tbh, that sounds more like the sort of deal we'd be doing under the current regime.

I just love how we're interested in (add a name), we're, as in our nearly new owners, who haven't even bought us yet, haven't decided on a manager, haven't to my knowledge even commented at all in the press.

Yeah they're targeting so and so....come on it's utter bollocks  :lol:

Of course it's bollocks but after 13 years I think we can indulge in being linked with people like James Rodriguez, Stones, Trippier, Coutinho, etc. :lol:

Even a short term option like Ighalo is a pipe dream

Of course it's bollocks but after 13 years I think we can indulge in being linked with people like James Rodriguez, Stones, Trippier, Coutinho, etc. :lol:

That is a very good point, carry on  :lol:

Guest reefatoon

I just love how we're interested in (add a name), we're, as in our nearly new owners, who haven't even bought us yet, haven't decided on a manager, haven't to my knowledge even commented at all in the press.

Yeah they're targeting so and so....come on it's utter bollocks  :lol:

Shut up man and just enjoy the ridiculousness.