Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, STM said:

Seems an incredibly hard person to replace IMO. It's not that I rate him especially highly but his role right now is crucial. I think we all know Shelvey isn't the long term answer but it's hard to see the value in risking replacing him before other positions.

It's more likely that we bring in a midfielder on loan to support a number of midfield positions.

Get in an athletic mobile player and he’s easily replaceable, Ramsey if he signs will provide the creativity and passing.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Not sure Howe will see it that way.

I’m hoping he sees Shelvey long term as dead wood as with most of them!

Said it before but Ramsey would be a class signing, if he was ever fit.

Not sure we can take a risk on someone who has already missed 14 games this season due to four different injuries and a history of layoffs.

Assuming it’s Ramsey and two other midfielders, I’d be satisfied. If we’re relying on Ramsey to play football regularly, I’d be worried.

Of all the signings we’ve been linked with so far, I’d be delighted with any of the following which seem realistic -

Trippier

Botman

Rodon

Kelly

Kamara

A good mix of experience but with one eye to the future also. Absolutely in agreement with others re the likes of Dembele, we need to avoid mercenaries with shit injury records at all costs.

Ramsey scares me. His injury record is so abysmal. Great gamble if he isn't the only CM coming in. 

Ramsey and Gini might work. For us and howe, getting premier league experience/players that can hit the ground running is pivotal. It looks like we could bring in a few pieces this window. We cant afford to accommodate players that are longterm projects. Trippier would be huge for this reason too. 

All that said, I'd bloody love Sule and Botman!

1 hour ago, STM said:

Shelvey

Ramsey                   Joelinton

As a midfield 3 (under Howe) is light years from what we will have been used to.

Shelvey= Quarter back

Joelinton= Box to box ball winner/carrier

Ramsey= Creative attacking midfielder

I know we would all like more in centre midfield but for the next 6 months, this looks fairly tasty to me.

Would need to change Shelvey for a defensive midfielder.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Are we linked with Jens Cajuste again? More an Ashley signing isn't he?

Not heavily, I read something linking us again the other week. Don’t think he’s been fully fit until recently, but still linked heavily with Leeds aswell.

I would imagine all these players scouted by Nickson have been put forward.

The blokes clearly a fucking genius now Joe’s worth at least 80 million.

5 minutes ago, carpetman1 said:

My wife, someone that before meeting me didn't have a clue about football, is so excited for the window. Enthused by Rafa, who wouldn't be, she tolerated "Mr Greggs", but is now champing at the bit to see who we sign.  I caught her watching SSN today!

Didn't happen

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

We can’t be throwing money at players who’d rather not be here. No bad apples please.

Keegan's golden rule and a good explanation as why his record in the transfer market was so ridiculously good and team spirit so high.

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 hours ago, Emotic said:

Yep. “Familiar with a relegation scrap” signing, if true.

Yes he was, and he wasn't given anywhere near enough time to prove himself - he'd hitched his wagon to a total fucking relegation express train, don't forget.

I wish we'd persisted with him, and since leaving, he has gone on to do well in Italy.

I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we tried to get him back - he's a good player.

Just now, brummie said:

Yes he was, and he wasn't given anywhere near enough time to prove himself - he'd hitched his wagon to a total fucking relegation express train, don't forget.

I wish we'd persisted with him, and since leaving, he has gone on to do well in Italy.

I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we tried to get him back - he's a good player.

That’ll do for me Bonny lad!