Transfer rumours

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Sima said:

Confident we can get him ahead of West Ham and the rumoured Aston Villa but depends where his need for first team football is with Chelsea.  He’s out of the team as soon as Chilwell is back.

Dunno. I think if you look at Chelsea, as a player, you think you can make the spot your own. Don't think Chelsea wouldn't hesitate to sell Chilwell, for profit, if Digne is better. And if he believes he is, then he might fancy that challenge. In a sense, you want him to want to sign for Chelsea, but be excited to be joining us.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

We have the cash and if everyone else bids 30 I’d rather our bid be the one that gets accepted. 

They’d accept them all and leave it up to the player.

Just now, LFEE said:

They’d accept them all and leave it up to the player.

Or get told by the player that he’ll refuse to join the team offering the higher amount, so forces his club to eventually accept one of the lower offers. The players hold the power- you can’t throw money at clubs and expect the higher offer to be the winning bid these days. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Or get told by the player that he’ll refuse to join the team offering the higher amount, so forces his club to eventually accept one of the lower offers. The players hold the power- you can’t throw money at clubs and expect the higher offer to be the winning bid these days. 

Exactly. Best bidding £30m and giving the £5m to the player or agent.

Nice having some actual trust in the process. If Botman deal doesn't work, meh, move on swiftly. Sounds like we have the finance and drive to make a deal work.

Also nice seeing us target ball playing centre backs.

Edited by STM

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

He might prefer Milan like

Wouldnt blame him tbf but he’s blacklisted for if we ever go past Milan and he eyes up a move here down the line.

Edited by Sima

If we can steal Digne from under the noses of Chelsea and West Ham, that will be equally as impressive for me.

Chelsea is a big pull but will they want to outlay 25m on a squad player. Rumour is they want a loan but Everton won't do that.

West Ham are an attractive prospect and would probably pay the fee to get him but surely we could gazump their wages if needed?

This is why signing Trippier is so key. Digne will be looking thinking, "I will have some of that," or whatever the French say.

Digne and Trippier are obviously class & big upgrades but hear me out.... I'll still be very nervous if we go into Watford (H) without fixing our 2/3 clearest priorities.

Don't think we can physically put a ball in a net without a new striker :lol: