Transfer rumours

Yorkie

It was basically a transfer policy of treading water until Rafa's gone. The main criteria was to commit as few funds as possible while doing just enough to make it look like they were attempting to give Rafa what he wanted. The permanent signings probably averaged out at about £6-7m per player, which basically buys you a Joselu in this day and age.

Don't get me wrong, the players we have brought in might turn out alright, but the priority wasn't about getting quality or kicking on, it's a squad built with survival as the main aim.

What's the deal with the Transfermarkt website? Have they really got the inside track on what the transfer fees are? The figures are all oddly specific, and presumably don't count future add-ons...

Muto - £9.63m

Fernandez - £6.03m

Schar - £3.6m

Dubravka - £3.6m

Rondon loan - £2.01m

Ki - £0

Total = £31.7m

Mitrovic - £18.18m

Merino - £10.8m

Mbemba - £7.2m

Sels - £3.6m

Armstrong - £1.71m

Toney - £798k

Total = £42.29m

£10.59m net profit.

:dowie:

Just noticed they've got Merino as an incoming, as well. Figures are all over the place, never mind.

The way loans to permanents work he might be down as in from Dortmund and out to Sociedad at the same time, but I would have thought it would be put in January.

It’s all put in as Euros so just think the conversion makes it go weird. Although saying that Mitro was pretty widely reported as £22m going to £27m with add-ons, so no idea where they’ve got that figure from.

Paul Merson gave us a B+ in the transfer market  :lol:

Major ins: Martin Dubravka (Sparta Prague, undisclosed), Kenedy (Chelsea, loan), Yoshinori Muto (Mainz, undisclosed), Salomon Rondon (West Brom, loan), Fabian Schar (Deportivo, £3m), Ki Sung-yueng (Swansea, free), Federico Fernandez (Swansea, £6m)

Major outs: Adam Armstrong (Blackburn, £1.75m), Jack Colback (Nottingham Forest, loan), Chancel Mbemba (Schalke, undisclosed), Mikel Merino (Real Sociedad, undisclosed), Matz Sels (Strasbourg, £3.5m)

MERSE SAYS: I like Kenedy, I thought he did really well last year. I don't mind Salomon Rondon, I know they let Dwight Gayle and Mitrovic go, but if they can get him going, he's a handful. I don't know much about a couple of the other players, but keeping Kenedy on loan is a big deal for them, he was one of their best players last season. People are worried about Newcastle, but I'm not worried about them. I think they'll be alright.

Missing our biggest sale off the major outs list as well  O0

4 players signed from relegated clubs and 1 from a club  that narrowly missed going down to me that's an absolute recipe for disaster. 3 players signed from Championship clubs for 1 free 1 loan and 1 for 6m

In the meantime clubs who were a Championship club  6 months ago are spending up to 100m. Fulham breaking our transfer record 4 times in 2 weeks

FFS it stinks

4 players signed from relegated clubs and 1 from a club  that narrowly missed going down to me that's an absolute recipe for disaster. 3 players signed from Championship clubs for 1 free 1 loan and 1 for 6m

In the meantime clubs who were a Championship club  6 months ago are spending up to 100m. Fulham breaking our transfer record 4 times in 2 weeks

FFS it stinks

18 of our squad have been relegated. Thank god we have a world class manager.

Gini Wijnaldum went straight from being relegated to integral to Liverpool. And he looked absolutely terrible at times for us. You can't just judge players on who they play for.

Buying big teams cast offs isn't good either.

I actually think we'll be alright again as longer as we don't get too many injuries. Doesn't hide that this window has been another absolutely disgrace from Ashley. Completely expected as ever though. End of season it'll all unravel when Rafa leaves.

I actually think we'll be alright again as longer as we don't get too many injuries. Doesn't hide that this window has been another absolutely disgrace from Ashley. Completely expected as ever though. End of season it'll all unravel when Rafa leaves.

We probably will be OK, but that's because we've got one of the best managers in the world.

But what we've done to him over the last few transfer windows is like employing Michelangelo to paint your ceiling but then just giving him a box of crayons. Yeah, you'll still get a nice picture, but when you go and tell your mates what you've done and what he's produced, they're going to rightly fucking laugh at you.

What's the deal with the Transfermarkt website? Have they really got the inside track on what the transfer fees are? The figures are all oddly specific, and presumably don't count future add-ons...

Muto - £9.63m

Fernandez - £6.03m

Schar - £3.6m

Dubravka - £3.6m

Rondon loan - £2.01m

Ki - £0

Total = £31.7m

Mitrovic - £18.18m

Merino - £10.8m

Mbemba - £7.2m

Sels - £3.6m

Armstrong - £1.71m

Toney - £798k

Total = £42.29m

£10.59m net profit.

Where is Kenedy fee?

An opening match injury to a player in a position with little cover, after doing the bare minimum in the transfer window, a ten year long Newcastle United tradition.

There is cover, but it's Manquillo who isn't good enough and was signed because we wouldn't spend the money on getting a quality player for that position. He is cover for Yedlin who isn't good enough either, he should be a squad player at best.

Yedlin is more than good enough. He had a poor day today.

He concedes those goals at the far post all the time, generally doesn't make up for it with the quality of his crossing either. He'd make a decent squad player, that's about it for me.

Yedlin is more than good enough. He had a poor day today.

He concedes those goals at the far post all the time, generally doesn't make up for it with the quality of his crossing either. He'd make a decent squad player, that's about it for me.

Yep ,never learns