Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Willian is obviously quality but I've found that whenever I watch him for chelsea he seems to be going through the motions, like he's desperate for a new challenge

New challenge you say?

steve-bruce-smiling-pointing-newcastle-united-nufc-1120.jpg

Willian is obviously quality but I've found that whenever I watch him for chelsea he seems to be going through the motions, like he's desperate for a new challenge

Can't say I've noticed that, always seems to be one of the more busy players when I watch, but at the same time, I do think he is looking to move on, and I doubt it would be to another Premier club unless it was for the wrong reasons.

Can't say I've noticed that, always seems to be one of the more busy players when I watch, but at the same time, I do think he is looking to move on, and I doubt it would be to another Premier club unless it was for the wrong reasons.

Well he did play for Anzhi Makhachkala, so clearly doesn't have much issue with location providing the money is right. Even if it was for the supposedly wrong reasons I'd welcome it, he'd be the best player to show up here in a while.

BBC Sports claims we’ve begun talks to sign Coutinho :lol:

No need for the takeover, Mike's splashing the cash.

I'd fucking love it there was some mental way a load of deals got agreed and then the takeover failed, leaving Ashley footing the bill for Poch, Kane, Coutinho and Koulibaly. :lol:

Guest Carrick18

I remember Willian at Shakhtar and to a lesser extent Anzhi looking like a real vibrant game-changing player. I was actually quite excited to watch him at SJP before he went off injured (it was freezing that night too). The last year or two at Chelsea he's looked a bit drab to me. Maybe it's a new challenge, maybe it's his age.

That said, the idea of Coutinho.  :love:

Guest Carrick18

It makes sense on some levels.

When you're discussing Udinese you're really talking about the Pozzo's and by extension Watford. I do wonder where his head is at with the takeover. It could lead to a big financial offer, but very limited opportunities. I don't envy his position.

I will also say, as a player, I'm still on the fence what his ceiling is. He's a solid all-rounder without a very clear and obvious skill-set, and he's started six games. I could say the same of Sean, but at least he has some evidence in the Football League that shows quality and an obvious role. The fact he presses well isn't quite the USP it was a few years ago. I don't want us to lose any of our promising kids, but £30k for a lad who isn't starting seems a lot.