Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Aye but he is 31 YEARS OF AGE! the massive ancient bastard

If we're going to buy someone that is that age, please let it be someone better than Willian for goodness sake.

With a £10M signing on fee and £200k a week..

It would certainly still come at a cost, but I thin it would still be somewhat justifiable for a two year contract.

I was thinking we'd be paying a fee for the guy, which would have been nuts to me.

Willian seems like the kind of wide player who would comfortably be able to move inside and play centrel in the last few years of his career, he's still got a couple of seasons at Champions League level I reckon. City took Vieira (with an eye to coaching) when he was on his last legs, there's a lot to say for adding professionalism, leadership and experience when trying to build a squad.

It would certainly still come at a cost, but I thin it would still be somewhat justifiable for a two year contract.

I was thinking we'd be paying a fee for the guy, which would have been nuts to me.

:lol: Vehemently opposing a Willian free transfer did seem an awfully strange hill to die on.

:lol: Vehemently opposing a Willian free transfer did seem an awfully strange hill to die on.

I was thinking we'd have to pay at the very least £35 million for the guy at 31, and then the salary on top of that. I was so confused as to why people wanted that :lol:

I was thinking we'd have to pay at the very least £35 million for the guy at 31, and then the salary on top of that. I was so confused as to why people wanted that :lol:

Even under contract he wouldn't cost £35 million in today's climate.

I know numerous Chelsea fans here in London that appreciate him but will tell you that Pedro is far more of a threat on the pitch and much more productive. Willian is often in the team more for his hard work for the team, mostly defensively.

Nice afro though, but not very productive at all. You can even see it from his stats, despite the number of games he plays.

No idea why TRon is talking about step overs either. Has nought to do with anything.

I mentioned step overs because you get a lot of players who can produce a lot of nice tricks, but often slow the game down which allows defenders to get back in numbers. We often end up with those guys because the best clubs know they won't succeed with them. Wiilian has great feet, but his best asset is his football intelligence, he knows when to do the dribble, and when to release the ball.

Funny you mentioned Pedro, he's fast and hard working, but I always thought he lacked the decisive end product.

Willian seems like the kind of wide player who would comfortably be able to move inside and play centrel in the last few years of his career, he's still got a couple of seasons at Champions League level I reckon. City took Vieira (with an eye to coaching) when he was on his last legs, there's a lot to say for adding professionalism, leadership and experience when trying to build a squad.

Fair point. I think Oxlade-Chamberlain is a comparable player, and he is very comfortable infield or out wide.

If we were looking at paying a transfer fee I'd prefer OX instead, but he does get injured a lot so probably not a wise move.

Beardsley was 32 when Keegan signed him, worked out ok.

Funnily enough, the talk about Willian actually made me think of Beardsley. He created a lot space just with a good eye and deft touch. In the end I didn't mention him because I wasn't sure that many on here would have seen him play. :lol: