Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest neesy111

NUFC used to pay youth players big wages in the early 2000's.  Jamie McClen made a fortune out of NUFC for almost little game time.

it's not even comparable though, such backward logic from the club.

i'd be paying him just about what he wants because he's a proper talent and he should be staying at his hometown club. but if we're owned by MA and he's got a chance to go abroad and do it for himself, good on him. no grudge at all with Matty.

It's ridiculous really, imagine how much Saivet has cost in transfer fees and wages since he's been here and we won't pay a promising young player the going rate to keep him. Under a better manager I don't see why M Longstaff couldn't be a regular squad player, there's no reason to me why even if in 2 years time he hasn't really cut though as top class that we couldn't get at least £5m for him. It should be a no brainer to just keep him as he clearly wants to stay. 

It's an absolutely dense move to let him go, and a real shame for him that he might miss out on a very successful period for the club.

That said, sure he'll have a great time in Italy and develop as a player. As always, we lose the most.

It's an absolutely dense move to let him go, and a real shame for him that he might miss out on a very successful period for the club.

That said, sure he'll have a great time in Italy and develop as a player. As always, we lose the most.

If we get taken over and these Saudis are as serious as they sound about making us a force, Matty wouldn't be apart of it.

If we get taken over and these Saudis are as serious as they sound about making us a force, Matty wouldn't be apart of it.

I'm not so sure about that. We can only buy so many players, we need a good squad with people who can actually contribute when they're called on. You'd think a couple of local lads who have ability would be great assets to such a team.

We probably already need to spend £80M on 2 CMs, why make things harder?

Why not? If Bruce is peddled and a top class manager with a top class coaching staff comes in why wouldn't he be able to improve?

Why not? If Bruce is peddled and a top class manager with a top class coaching staff comes in why wouldn't he be able to improve?

He's a decent player. That's it. There's room for improvement for sure.

Why aren't top class managers in for him now if he's available for buttons?

I doubt he’ll play a minute of football in Italy.

Legally they weren’t allowed to speak to him until the start of this week.

We've signed better midfielders than him under Ashley.

At 19/20 and scoring goals? Twice as many as our record signing, joint 2nd top goal scorer.  :lol: (god it’s tragic)

It’s not player now I’m worried about losing for free, it’s what he becomes in the future. We also can’t go out and buy 24 foreign superstars. We need home and grub grown players in the squad. It could be years before we get anything as good as the longstaffs coming through. 

I don't think Matty or Sean will be superstars.

So we should let them go for free?

Not bothered. We've offered Matty 15k p/w, he's only started 6 league games. If someone's willing to pay double that then fair play to him if he can get it.

He looks decent but that's about it.

Written of as just decent after 6 games at 20 years old  :lol:

it's not even comparable though, such backward logic from the club.

i'd be paying him just about what he wants because he's a proper talent and he should be staying at his hometown club. but if we're owned by MA and he's got a chance to go abroad and do it for himself, good on him. no grudge at all with Matty.

Not saying I agree with it. Just saying given how tight we are anyway I bet they offer lower salaries with higher bonuses given what happened to the last few highly rated youngsters we tied down long term.

So should we expect top class managers to be in for him soon then?

Go and ask them, I don’t speak for them, simply pointing out facts.

Which top class ones should I ask?

I don't feel particularly strongly either way about his current ability, but I don't think there is a decent argument that supports not giving him a competitive wage which matches his potential. The point about new owners changes nothing; let's say the Saudis come in and invest to the extent that the Longstaffs don't get a look in; does that mean we bin off our academy prospects for nothing? How is that sustainable? Have Man City binned their academy? No, they've invested in it, and presumably have a bona fide regime that means they get some return out of their developing assets, even if it's economical rather than on the pitch itself.

It's just a brainless move with absolutely no justification that it benefits us in any way, shape or form.

And it's exactly like Rafa, by the way, though obviously with less impact. I bet Rafa wouldn't have demanded the Chinese's wage offer from NUFC in order to stay here; just like I bet Matty wouldn't demand the £30,000 that Udinese are putting on the table. But a competitive offer would be a good place to start, like.

Think .com have got it just about bang on tbh. If he leaves then he'll need to be replaced which presumably means a transfer fee and a substantial wage based on a 3 or 4 year contract. Why not just offer the (promising, young and local) lad a better deal and develop him. If he turns out to be a solid PL player then it's a win, if he doesn't develop quite as much he can be sold to a lower league for a decent fee which will compensate for his wages while we found out. It's the fact the club appear to be using his loyalty as a local lad and fan to lowball him a bit in the hope he'll sign. We've seen it time and again trying to sign players and now it's the same tactic to retain them too. £15k a week in the grand scheme of things is tiny, don't care how old he is. I'm guessing it would put him in the lowest 5% of PL players.

Which top class ones should I ask?

Any you like. Start at A.

Think .com have got it just about bang on tbh. If he leaves then he'll need to be replaced which presumably means a transfer fee and a substantial wage based on a 3 or 4 year contract. Why not just offer the (promising, young and local) lad a better deal and develop him. If he turns out to be a solid PL player then it's a win, if he doesn't develop quite as much he can be sold to a lower league for a decent fee which will compensate for his wages while we found out. It's the fact the club appear to be using his loyalty as a local lad and fan to lowball him a bit in the hope he'll sign. We've seen it time and again trying to sign players and now it's the same tactic to retain them too. £15k a week in the grand scheme of things is tiny, don't care how old he is. I'm guessing it would put him in the lowest 5% of PL players.

Yeah but Klopp hasn’t bid for him so all that is irrelevant.

Yeah but Klopp hasn’t bid for him so all that is irrelevant.

Agreed. Not sure why KDT brought top class managers into it in the first place.