Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon

That would be a great move for him and one he should probably take tbh.

Would be a great move under Ashley and his rudderless ship, but if the takeover goes through, hanging around would be the better move I would think.

Would be a great move under Ashley and his rudderless ship, but if the takeover goes through, hanging around would be the better move I would think.

How long can he hang round for ? His contract may be up before the takeover is sorted, and who knows how long the offers he has will be on the table.

Guest reefatoon

How long can he hang round for ? His contract may be up before the takeover is sorted, and who knows how long the offers he has will be on the table.

It’s a hard one for him. I am sure he wants to see it out and I am sure he would get a much better offer from new ownership etc, but with it moving at a snails pace, the poor lad is stuck.

Guest neesy111

It's a shame to lose a homegrown lad for pennies but, as a player, he's 4th/5th choice in one of our weakest positions.

Hopefully it doesn't become an Mbabu.

I'd put him 3rd choice tbh.

Be absolutely gutted to see this go through. Hope he waits it out until the takeover is done. Can't blame him for sorting himself out first.

Like we couldn't do better the 15k. What an absolute disaster our club is. You would think Mike would give him a new 30k contract and then sell him for millions.

Guest chopey

I bet Bruce was straight on the phone to Charners to stop this deal !!!!!!!!!........I don't think I've ever known a bloke have as little say in running a club as this bloke

Is 30k a week not a lot for a club like Udinese? I think a role player contract is more than enough for Matty, I don't know how much that is however as I can't really grasp what is a lot of money in football and what isn't.

Guest Carrick18

Is 30k a week not a lot for a club like Udinese? I think a role player contract is more than enough for Matty, I don't know how much that is however as I can't really grasp what is a lot of money in football and what isn't.

It is, but not for a club like Watford. Udinese will pay £400k compensation and Watford will gain an England U20 international for what is £1.5million a year. That's nothing really, especially if he turns out good.

He’ll go straight on loan to Watford and then move the season after permanently. It’s just a way for Watford to sign him without having to pay compensation.

Think he’s gonna have to leave tbh. Gutted about that but if Ashley stays he’s not getting paid what he deserves and if the takeover happens he’ll likely get replaced. Not much choice unless he’s happy to sit on £15k playing for a club he loves that is going nowhere under Ashley.