Transfer rumours

Yorkie

He would come here if his money was doubled and he saw that we had the money to buy him. As some had mentioned to build up a team we are going to have to spend over the top on above average until you get nearer the top. Its just how it is. Ideally we look at hot prospects though.

But people turning their nose up at a Zaha or Ramsey. :D

If we have the ability to sign players like Zaha I’d prefer it if we didn’t sign Zaha

I might be wrong, but he just strikes me as the type of player who wants to play for Man U or Chelsea. Not sure if he would be ready to come here and be part of a building process. At 27, he might think he's got one last big move, and want that to be to a club which is already in the CL.

He's already played for Man U, couldn't cut it.  He's a diving, cheating bitch who's better off being a big fish in a small pond, I'd hope we could do better than him.

Tonali looks like she could turn into a very very good player.

Was reading the other day that Pirlo says Tonali will be a better player than he ever was. Bold claim...

Technically he’s just as good as Pirlo but more dynamic, with experience and coaching it’s quite possible he could be better than Pirlo. He’s the player I want most even though we need a striker more.

While I wouldn't mind if we signed Zaha he wouldn't be a priority. The takeover hasn't happened yet but some here have unrealistic expectations on the type of player we're going to be signing initially until we break into the top 4 and earn a CL place. We'll be going for players who haven't worked out at their club and their stock has dropped but are still good players, players who are good but s step below the very elite, possibly older elite players on free transfers. Once we break into the CL places then we'll go for the very elite.

Palace wouldn’t sell him to Arsenal when they were offering £60m-£80m for him and he apparently wanted to go there.

If Palace are selling him then Arsenal would likely also be interested in him and would probably still get him over us.

At the end of the day, even with the takeover I still think £80m deals are going to be unlikely. We will likely want to gradually build a team rather than spending money straight away.

Don’t think Zaha is all that personally. He’ll never move North either unless for the wrong reasons which isn’t really what you want to be looking for when building a new team.

Don’t think Zaha is all that personally. He’ll never move North either unless for the wrong reasons which isn’t really what you want to be looking for when building a new team.

This is my impression as well, although based on nothing more than a hunch. Other than that I think he's a good player, when we play against Palace, it's always him and Townsend that worry me most, followed by Van Aanholdt.

If we have the ability to sign players like Zaha I’d prefer it if we didn’t sign Zaha

I might be wrong, but he just strikes me as the type of

player who wants to play for Man U or Chelsea. Not sure if he would be ready to come here and be part of a building process. At 27, he might think he's got one last big move, and want that to be to a club which is already in the CL.

He's already played for Man U, couldn't cut it.  He's a diving, cheating bitch who's better off being a big fish in a small pond, I'd hope we could do better than him.

Never get that argument. He was still only 20 when he joined Man Utd and it was in the early post-Sir Alex days. Probably went too early but I reckon he’d fit in at most top clubs now.

I'm doubtful Zaha would offer good value for money. I don't think there's that much between him and Saint-Maximin. Zaha just wins out due to longevity and experience, he's hardly a goal machine.

There's better options out there, I like Ante Rebic but he's went to Milan on loan, can't seem to settle anywhere for long.

Another I'm really impressed by is Krovinovic at West Brom. Skilful player - not explosive like Zaha/ASM, but someone who would strengthen our attack & midfield.

We'd be like Man Utd light with that front line. Good against the best teams by playing on the counter, average/poor against similar/poorer opposition as they'd play a deeper defensive line against us. None of those players have the quality to break down defensive teams on a consistent basis.

I'd be happy, but for the price he would command I'd rather we tried to sign someone that are better at creating things against established defences. Both Almiron and ASM can to a degree do what Zaha does.

Anyone Newcastle fan who wouldn't be happy with adding Zaha to this squad has nowt between the ears.

:lol:

I was planning on spending more time/money at the FCC... :lol:

Sticking with what I said earlier. Very overrated particularly at that price. Rather go for Willian on a Free for a couple of year with my Moneyball head on. I’ll let it slide saying you said Squad not Team :lol:

Zaha money, £60m plus, gets you Coutinho. Would rather Coutinho if we could attract him but I think the likes of Chelsea could be in for him and we wouldn't be attractive as them even with Saudi backing at this stage as no CL football.

People just become enamoured with the names they hear being repeated all the time.

Zaha would be so hated at Newcastle man. Have you watched the guy play at all? He produces something maybe 5% of the time. The other 95% of the time he is falling over or losing the ball and then bitching and moaning at the ref.