Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I would prioritise other positions before rb too. Even if we bring Willock in during the summer we still need another cm of quality, a decent left back, a striker to compete with Wilson, not to mention our centre backs aren’t getting any younger either.

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Aarons is class though. He's gonna end up at one of the "big 6 :anguish:" so no point in even looking at him.

He's not going to end up any of the 'big 6' though...Everton/West Ham, possibly Leicester at best.

Any of the 'Big 6' will want a 'name' from abroad. None of them will even consider looking at Championship players

1 minute ago, Lazarus said:

Aarons is a right sided full back isnt he?

No idea any more. 

Even if he is, do you really see our lot effectively spending 24m (14m right off on Lewis + 10m fee) on a fullback? More likely offer 10m with Lewis not involved at all, or a straight swap

3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

He's not going to end up any of the 'big 6' though...Everton/West Ham, possibly Leicester at best.

Any of the 'Big 6' will want a 'name' from abroad. None of them will even consider looking at Championship players

Well Spurs are heavily linked with him. Suppose it depends who manages them. And teams still need their homegrown quota, especially after brexit.

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Well Spurs are heavily linked with him. Suppose it depends who manages them. And teams still need their homegrown quota, especially after brexit.

Liverpool were strongly linked to Lewis

Would love Aarons but to also keep Lewis and get a proper manager in. You just know in 3-4 years time Lewis is going to be at one of the top clubs, we’ll whinge that he was shit for us (which he has been) but there’s a player in there.

46 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

No idea any more. 

Even if he is, do you really see our lot effectively spending 24m (14m right off on Lewis + 10m fee) on a fullback? More likely offer 10m with Lewis not involved at all, or a straight swap

No.

And weve much bigger problems in the 1st eleven than right back.

51 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

No.

And weve much bigger problems in the 1st eleven than right back.

I'd argue that we're desperate for a right back. But also desperate for at least 2 central midfielders. And a left back.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I'd argue that we're desperate for a right back. But also desperate for at least 2 central midfielders. And a left back.

I'd argue that we were desperate in most positions barring centre back

Just now, gjohnson said:

I'd argue that we were desperate in most positions barring centre back

I'm happy with the front 3. Need a backup striker though but no idea who we could bring in as a sub. Get Lejeune back and ship out Clark, 2 keepers are decent enough.

Centre mid and fullback are our weakest positions and have been for years.

Just now, Shearergol said:

I'm happy with the front 3. Need a backup striker though but no idea who we could bring in as a sub. Get Lejeune back and ship out Clark, 2 keepers are decent enough.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Joelinton? Really?

Someone like Willock is the bare minimum this summer. The central midfield positions are where we need to focus first along with a forward to support Callum like everyone has mentioned 

Outside of the front 3 and perhaps Lewis we have a severe deficit of athleticism.  Willock is a great fit (he has to start) and younger center back is also a must.

And a back up for Wilson is the bare minimum.  Some of the older deadwood has got to go.

If the club get taken over the roster overhaul can be accelerated but rather than spend big money, target younger players with potential to start building around. 

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

And they also bought Robertson from championship Hull City. 

Man United bought Daniel James from some championship side that I can't be fucked to look up who it was.

Guest neesy111
3 hours ago, Nobody said:

Man United bought Daniel James from some championship side that I can't be fucked to look up who it was.

Swansea.

3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

There's definitely an interest in bringing Arma back this summer. Don't think we should personally, decent championship forward but that's it. 

He's a thousand times better than Joelinton

Just now, Joey Linton said:

Both aren't good enough. 

You may be correct however, Joelinton has proved he is not good enough but Armstrong hasn't had a chance, I'd bet my life he'd score more than Joelinton if he had 50 plus games.