Transfer rumours

Yorkie

On 10/05/2021 at 20:22, joeyt said:

If the current 3 go down there aren't many players who play for them that I'd take here:

Sheff Utd:

Berge looks likely to get a move to another club. We've been linked with Lundstrua but hopefully won't get him. No one else stands out

WBA:

Only on loan but Yokuslu has looked good. Not convinced Maitland Niles or Gallagher would improve us a huge deal (also only on loan). Think Sam Johnstone will end up going to somewhere like Southampton

Fulham:

Lookman (loan) would be decent but think the new Leipzig manager wants to use him. Lemina (loan) and Anguissa might be decent but not a huge improvement.

Ampadu is good

The total difference of how the transfer window will be, pending on if the takeover goes ahead (assuming that’s it’s done before the window ends) or not will be unreal. It’s honestly like comparing shopping in Harrods to shopping in Lidl. Crazy really when you think about it.

Edited by et tu brute

31 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Ryan Bertrand leaving Southampton, worth a shot on a Free?

He would be, but already linked with currently bigger clubs than us- AC Milan and Arsenal amongst others. ‘We tried’? 

Edited by Manxst

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He would be, but already linked with currently bigger clubs than us- AC Milan and Arsenal amongst others. ‘We tried’? 

He's not that good anyway IMO.

On 07/05/2021 at 13:28, Stifler said:

That guy is laughable so it’s not even true, but even if it was, that is a laughable fee. I can’t see Aarons going for less than £25-£30m. He’s young and English.

Not sure what the fees will be like, this season. The rich clubs will be doing the buying, and if they hold back the poorer clubs might get desperate to sell.

On 15/05/2021 at 08:08, Rafalove said:

Why would we be even looking at right backs?

If we had any ambition at all we would be looking to replace everyone but ASM and Wilson, all the others we have are either lower relegation fighting fodder or maybe just about good enough for the Championship.

1 hour ago, Away Toon said:

If we had any ambition at all we would be looking to replace everyone but ASM and Wilson, all the others we have are either lower relegation fighting fodder or maybe just about good enough for the Championship.

Touch harsh on Schar, Lascelles, Dubravka, Almiron and Willock ( I know he isn't ours yet... hopefully)...no idea about Fraser.

Edited by George Bailey
grammar

Guest HTT II

We should be all over Abraham at Chelsea this summer, on loan or an actual buy or a loan with an option to purchase, I know Rafa wanted him, Kennedy, a ‘keeper and Ruben Loftus-Cheek when we were promoted.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, George Bailey said:

Seemed odd he didn't even make the bench yesterday...

Personally like RLC too. Would be massive step up from what we have.

Aye I rate the pair of them highly, they are not superstars but easily more than good enough for us and players you could develop and grow and add similar quality to them around them.

Edited by HTT II

16 minutes ago, George Bailey said:

Seemed odd he didn't even make the bench yesterday...

Personally like RLC too. Would be massive step up from what we have.

He isn’t the type of player we need - especially as he’s more or less a 10 and is slow as anything, so doesn’t suit a counter attacking team - he’s one of those who may struggle to get back a decent level after such a bad injury