Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Yeah thought that would be the case. Can't seeing us spending much as usual. Be interesting to see what Arteta does given Ceballos/Odegaard will be off and he'll have Willock and AN-M back after decent spells away.

Half a season at Chelsea even if he just plays in the League Cup or the CL Group stage dead rubbers/Europa League matches depending on how Chelsea end the season wouldn’t do him any harm. Tuchel gets the chance to watch him, he gets to train weekly with the first-team. He can always go out in January for 15 matches like Willock, Maitland-Niles did from Arsenal after that.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

How could we say for sure that Armstrong is only  Championship level. He's never played in the top flight and has clearly gotten better year on year. 28 goals this season is a brilliant return.

It's a shame we mismanaged him as badly as we did. The lad played at every level for England up to U21.

Yeah I’ve no idea what level he is. I think for £10-15m he’s worth finding out. I don’t think he’s worse than Gayle or Joelinton anyway whether he’s played up top or from out wide. If there’s a discount involved you know we’d be sniffing around. Even if we don’t particularly want him could see us driving a bidding war to increase our slice of the pie.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Yeah I’ve no idea what level he is. I think for £10-15m he’s worth finding out. I don’t think he’s worse than Gayle or Joelinton anyway whether he’s played up top or from out wide. If there’s a discount involved you know we’d be sniffing around. Even if we don’t particularly want him could see us driving a bidding war to increase our slice of the pie.

He isn't. @HTT II is better than Gayle.

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

He isn't. @HTT II is better than Gayle.

You’re too kind, I’m a defender these days, albeit a high goalscoring one...

Guest HTT II

FWIW I’d have both Armstrong and Toney here ahead of any of our so-called strikers other than Wilson. And easily! They’d be a huge upgrade on Carrol, Gayle and Joelinton! 

If the current 3 go down there aren't many players who play for them that I'd take here:

Sheff Utd:

Berge looks likely to get a move to another club. We've been linked with Lundstrua but hopefully won't get him. No one else stands out

WBA:

Only on loan but Yokuslu has looked good. Not convinced Maitland Niles or Gallagher would improve us a huge deal (also only on loan). Think Sam Johnstone will end up going to somewhere like Southampton

Fulham:

Lookman (loan) would be decent but think the new Leipzig manager wants to use him. Lemina (loan) and Anguissa might be decent but not a huge improvement.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

If the current 3 go down there aren't many players who play for them that I'd take here:

Sheff Utd:

Berge looks likely to get a move to another club. We've been linked with Lundstrua but hopefully won't get him. No one else stands out

WBA:

Only on loan but Yokuslu has looked good. Not convinced Maitland Niles or Gallagher would improve us a huge deal (also only on loan). Think Sam Johnstone will end up going to somewhere like Southampton

Fulham:

Lookman (loan) would be decent but think the new Leipzig manager wants to use him. Lemina (loan) and Anguissa might be decent but not a huge improvement.

I wonder how Sunderlands third rate clogged would do against those three teams 

20 minutes ago, Ben said:

I wonder how Sunderlands third rate clogged would do against those three teams 

Well they'll be too busy asking the important question of: who is the biggest club in the league, who play in red & white stripes, begin with S and play up North?

And still manage to finish 2nd.