Transfer rumours

Yorkie

wonder what Bruce thinks about Villa bidding over £30m for Buendia.

i though he'd spoken to the other premier league managers and they all promised him they wouldnt be spending much due to the covid financial crisis.

that bastard dean smith lied to him and tricked bruce into thinking all clubs have no money to spend!

8 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i though he'd spoken to the other premier league managers and they all promised him they wouldnt be spending much due to the covid financial crisis.

that bastard dean smith lied to him and tricked bruce into thinking all clubs have no money to spend!

He’s Ashley’s little lap dog so will be super  happy he’s just in a job in a division which is way above his actual ability. Villa another club trying to move forward and leaving us behind hoping to another battle for the Ashley holy grail of 17th. We’re well used to it by now though. Could well be the same old story for a good few years yet also without this takeover going through. Hey ho.

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

He’s Ashley’s little lap dog so will be super  happy he’s just in a job in a division which is way above his actual ability. Villa another club trying to move forward and leaving us behind hoping to another battle for the Ashley holy grail of 17th. We’re well used to it by now though. Could well be the same old story for a good few years yet also without this takeover going through. Hey ho.

Villa, West Ham and Everton will be looking to takeover Spurs and Arsenal next season, Bruce will be happy with 17th.

23 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Bruce will be gutted they didn’t entrust him to spend that type of money when he was there, despite him being top class and having nearly 1000 games under his belt (or is that pies…?). 

Just now, Ben said:

Villa, West Ham and Everton will be looking to takeover Spurs and Arsenal next season, Bruce will be happy with 17th.

Oh I agree totally, that group of clubs trying to improve are expanding and the group of teams battling to stay up will in all probability get smaller. With the Ashley method of how to run a club it is only a matter off time before we are flushed as we’ve already seen twice before.

16 hours ago, huss9 said:

£30m? Pfff! 

Steve can shrug that off by pointing out that he was backed to the tune of a spanking £40m to land exciting Brazilian talent Joelinton. :hello2:

18 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Love it how it’s seemingly completely normal for a PL club to fail to get a transfer completed due to a £6m transfer fee.

Most insulting thing is CB is the least of our issues :lol:

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Aye. I mean I get that they’re getting on a bit so need to think about the future. Loans aren’t going to solve that issue of need I get to replace our centr backs I. The future so if we can’t get anyone in, might aswell ignore the issue rather than develop other clubs players for them, so they command a good transfer fee for them in the future.

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Aye. I mean I get that they’re getting on a bit so need to think about the future. Loans aren’t going to solve that issue of need I get to replace our centr backs I. The future so if we can’t get anyone in, might aswell ignore the issue rather than develop other clubs players for them, so they command a good transfer fee for them in the future.

Loans are perfect if your only ambition is to avoid relegation in the coming season. Assuming the player on loan is any good of course. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think we need a CB tbh. I don't think Bruce rates Lejeune for whatever reason, Clark's declined a fair bit the last year and wasn't great to begin with. That leaves Lascelles, Schar & Fernandez (if he signs on again).

Don't forget Paully D..........

I know it worked with Willock (in that he scored the goals to keep us up) but I hate us loaning players from the bigger teams and effectively just becoming a feeder team for them

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think we need a CB tbh. I don't think Bruce rates Lejeune for whatever reason, Clark's declined a fair bit the last year and wasn't great to begin with. That leaves Lascelles, Schar & Fernandez (if he signs on again).

We wouldn’t need a CB if we had a competent manager.

Literally about the only position on the pitch we have adequate cover for and he ostracises one of the better CBs we have and sends him out on loan.

Hope we don't go for Ajer. He is too error prone, and miles away from what we need. Whenever i've seen him play for Norway he's looked sluggish and poor.

If he does end up here, please prove me wrong. He was regarded as one of the finest talents in Norway years ago.

Edited by matta

1 minute ago, matta said:

Hope we don't go for Ajer. He is too error prone, and miles away from what we need. Whenever i've seen him play for Norway he's looked sluggish and poor.

So this talk of other clubs being interested was probably coming from his agent to try and get a better pay deal from us then. He's actually not that good. 

Just now, TRon said:

So this talk of other clubs being interested was probably coming from his agent to try and get a better pay deal from us then. He's actually not that good. 

Not very good indeed. He's still young, so he could perhaps become a decent footballer. But i can't see that happening at Newcastle with our current owner and manager.