Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, Happinesstan said:

Didn't we have him on loan at some point? In the championship, under Pardew?

Hughton. We weren't in the Championship with Pardew.

Williamson, Routledge and Van Aanholt all came in. Think a couple of others as well.

£12 million [emoji38]. Have we gone back in time to 1995?

And the last thing we should be doing is signing ageing free transfers, thats what them lot down the road got into the habit of doing and look where they are now.....

Edited by Beth

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Beth said:

£12 million [emoji38]. Have we gone back in time to 1995?

We spent more than that in 1995 too. It’s a joke.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Wish we could go back to then, when we had a decent team, I was 3 stone lighter and still had hair.

Guest reefatoon
28 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Shambolic to think people would want Palace rejects.

All the names mentioned are shit.

It’s the Ashley/Bruce lowering of expectations working a charm.

34 minutes ago, Beth said:
49 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Wish we could go back to then, when we had a decent team, I was 3 stone lighter and still had hair.

You sound like my type of girl Beth :naughty:

57 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Guess who else is available on a Bosman? 

Hide contents

hatem-ben-arfa-of-newcastle-united-react

:'(

[\spoiler] 

Just imagine Wilson playing up top with a supporting trio of

ASM - Almiron - Ben Arfa

Stick Willock and another centre mid behind those 

Willems - (pick 2 from Lejeune, Schar, Lascelles, Fernandez) - new right back

Dubs

Thats say £60m outlay on 2 centre mids and a right back for a really decent first 11

Never been impressed by Ajer and think he will fall through in a bigger league. Weak in the positioning game and is saved by poor resistance in SPL. Was directly ravaged by Mitrovic in the international match against Serbia, no thanks! 

He lacks positioning and much more. The central defender role have always been our weakest point here in norway.

Edited by peder

Guest neesy111
11 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Matty Longstaff is gonna ask to leave us

He needs game time.

See Bruce broke promises....

29 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Matty Longstaff is gonna ask to leave us

Good for him. Absolutely laughable what's gone on with those lads, particularly him. All that hoohar about his contract last summer and he barely kicked a fucking ball despite the other appalling options in that position. They both need to leave before their development gets totally shanked, still plenty of time for both of them. 

Guest reefatoon

You just get the feeling Bruce is a huffy cunt that holds grudges. Managed to talk him into staying but never plays him. Bruce will feel he won.

In the few appearances that Matty has made this season, he's looked very poor. He seems to have shed a bit of weight, and it may be something to do with that. More likely, it's what's going on in his head that's affected him. Bit like his brother, when he was looking to go. 

Sean looks to have recovered his focus and I'd like him to stay. I'm not sure he will though. 

It's been difficult for two young local lads, pushing for the first team, but in all probability with their mates and possibly family as well, telling them what a shit manager Bruce is.

Edited by Cronky

On 27/05/2021 at 14:03, reefatoon said:

You just get the feeling Bruce is a huffy cunt that holds grudges. Managed to talk him into staying but never plays him. Bruce will feel he won.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-feels-newcastle-united-18970697

Bruce told Chronicle Live: "Deep down, the boy never wanted to go.

"I think people turned his head, which happens with young players.

"No disrespect to Udinese, why the hell would you want to go to Udinese?

"I think a conversation with his mam and dad, and him, got it over the line, which I’m delighted about."

Such a prick. 

Edited by Interpolic

"No disrespect to Steve Bruce, why the hell would you want to play for Steve Bruce?"

If a pundit uttered those words he'd be fucking livid, the gormless cunt. Absolutely fine to slag other teams off himself though obviously. He's such a slimey, obnoxious ignorant fuckwit, he can't help himself. 

2 hours ago, Cronky said:

In the few appearances that Matty has made this season, he's looked very poor. He seems to have shed a bit of weight, and it may be something to do with that. More likely, it's what's going on in his head that's affected him. Bit like his brother, when he was looking to go. 

Sean looks to have recovered his focus and I'd like him to stay. I'm not sure he will though. 

It's been difficult for two young local lads, pushing for the first team, but in all probability with their mates and possibly family as well, telling them what a shit manager Bruce is.

His Prem appearances this season have been against:

Southampton (30 mins, they were top of the league)
Man City
Liverpool
Leicester
Arsenal

It's classic Bruce/Pardew tactics of throwing a youngster in against big teams and throwing them under the bus when they don't perform

Every player from Benitez’s reign has regressed under Bruce. You can’t write off anyone playing under that tosser. 

Maybe Murphy the only exception, but that’s probably only due to getting a run of games.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

52 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Every player from Benitez’s reign has regressed under Bruce. You can’t write off anyone playing under that tosser. 

Maybe Murphy the only exception, but that’s probably only due to getting a run of games.

Yeah most of the Benitez period players have regressed. I’d also argue that if Benitez had still been here then most of those would probably still not be at the club. Ashley’s lack of investment means that they are and obviously playing under a coach as bad as Bruce they have regressed. Rafa was able to get some level of performance from these players. It’s so annoying seeing Bruce getting some backing with regards to investment (still nowhere near enough), compared to Rafa who basically was left with selections way down his list.

Edited by et tu brute