Transfer rumours

Yorkie

10 hours ago, toontownman said:

Chronicle reporting Matt Ritchie and Sean Longstaff could be sold to bring in a deadline day signing. lol 

I love our clubs logic. We need a new player to improve the squad, ok sell two you have and we will green light the incoming loan. 

I like how in order to bring in one shite youth product from another PL team, we need to get rid of two first team regulars. :lol: Makes perfect sense.

Bruce is even thicker than I thought if he gets rid of one, or both of them, to bring him Choudhary.

11 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I like how in order to bring in one shite youth product from another PL team, we need to get rid of two first team regulars. :lol: Makes perfect sense.

Bruce is even thicker than I thought if he gets rid of one, or both of them, to bring him Choudhary.

Whilst I agree with this, I’d be happy if Ritchie just left full stop 

All I’m seeing on Twitter is apathy & jokes about us bringing no one else in. There should be total outrage that we’ve let lejeune, carroll & matty go And only brought in Willock but this is typical of Newcastle fans. Acceptance 

8 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

"It's all kicking off" is a stretch :lol:

Absolutely shameless. It's such a basic move :lol:

Bruce has seemingly been after this guy since he came in. I'm genuinely fascinated to see how he ends up performing. I know he's pretty aggressive and strong in the tackle, just not sure if he adds much to our ability to pass the ball and build up play, which continues to be an issue. Going to be very interesting.

Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce is set to land his second signing of the summer in the form of Leicester City midfielder Hamza Choudhury.

The 23 year-old will add some needed bite into the Newcastle midfield and will sign initially on loan although the move could become a permanent one next summer.

A former England international, Newcastle were close to signing him back in January before an injury crisis forced Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers to put a block on it.

Choudhury has been a long term target of the Newcastle manager and there is frustration it has taken so long to do.

Interestingly, Bruce is also trying to persuade the club to sign at least one more player before the deadline with a centre back the most likely.

Having been on the receiving end of abuse from Newcastle fans during the 2-2 draw against Southampton, Bruce mood has darkened over the weekend as he watched most clubs in the bottom half of the table, including Norwich, Watford, Crystal Palace and Leeds United all make a flurry signings

is the rest of the Telegraph detail