Transfer rumours

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Has Edwards been stitched up, or was this purposely ‘leaked’ to make Bruce look like the victim again?

In May: of course we were relegated, Bruce was denied his top targets.

Said the same earlier. Makes you wonder. 

26 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Edwards had completely made up the first tweet about choudary being done just so he could then say it was unfair on Bruce in the second. Highly likely he's always known the deal wasn't happening given how close he is to Bruce. 

Or it could be that everything was agreed, then nufc pulled out....only to return later in the day with a new reduced offer.

46 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Club told him! 

Trouble ahead?

Perhaps he should just dust himself down, roll his sleeves up and do it his way from now on (well you know)

Edited by geordie_b

Whatever makes Bruce walk is good with me. Even as much as I hate MA, I can randomly forget about him from time to time. If we had a halfway decent manager who was likable and had a semblance of a plan, I’m sure many would just be remotely interested. 

Edited by Kanji

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

Kevin Keegan quitting because they pretended they had Bastain Schweinsteiger lined up then didn't get him, to Bruce staying despite them not being able to get Hamza fucking Choudary on loan perfectly sums up the Ashley era. 

… on loan from a club who were in League One when Keegan walked.

They’ve won the PL since then and we’re now desperate for their shit cast offs.

Weve signed 1 player, and to be honest 20m-25m is a chunk of dosh for a very good player, to get level with where we were LAST SEASON.

Every fucker else is replacing, upgrading, improving on their CURRENT playing squad for this year.

We havnt stood still, weve regressed. Again. Even with the 5m per year for willock, even with the spare squad place with shortstaff leaving, even with the 4 or 5 players that have left the club and free'd up the wage bill, WEVE STILL REGRESSED.

The PL is supposed to be the pinnicle of football in this country and, some say, in Europe. Its where the cream rises to the top, where elite level athletes compete, where great players, great coaches all come to ply their trade.

And then theres us. :(

Just now, Lazarus said:

Weve signed 1 player, and to be honest 20m-25m is a chunk of dosh for a very good player, to get level with where we were LAST SEASON.

Every fucker else is replacing, upgrading, improving on their CURRENT playing squad for this year.

We havnt stood still, weve regressed. Again. Even with the 5m per year for willock, even with the spare squad place with shortstaff leaving, even with the 4 or 5 players that have left the club and free'd up the wage bill, WEVE STILL REGRESSED.

The PL is supposed to be the pinnicle of football in this country and, some say, in Europe. Its where the cream rises to the top, where elite level athletes compete, where great players, great coaches all come to ply their trade.

And then theres us. :(

£5 million a season for Willock we got £6 million off Armstrong, Ashley is actually up this window.

We could really do with selling a few today to really put the boot in 

Guest reefatoon
8 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Trouble ahead?

Perhaps he should just dust himself down, roll his sleeves up and do it his way from now on (well you know)

And if that doesn't work he should just buy players with his own money. Rio logic right there.

Just now, Ben said:

£5 million a season for Willock we got £6 million off Armstrong, Ashley is actually up this window.

We could really do with selling a few today to really put the boot in 

Yeah weve got that 6m or so for Armstrong in total. But no ones ever confirmed that it was up front or structered. AT least I havnt heard owt??

This season has relagation written all over it.

Ashley will make some panic buys in January in an effort to stay up but it'll be for players that arnt needed (ala Joelinton) in positions that arnt priorities.

And next season, we will still have a disjointed squad with at least half of it dead wood.

Round and around we go.

Just now, Lazarus said:

Yeah weve got that 6m or so for Armstrong in total. But no ones ever confirmed that it was up front or structered. AT least I havnt heard owt??

We’ve also saved £60k+ a week in wages after letting five players leave whilst only bringing Willock in (£3m+ over the year).

Plus nominal fees for Lejeune and Longstaff on loan and the Armstrong fee.

We’ve easily recouped more than the pittance we’ve spent on tick. Bet someone else leaves today too.

Shame the media are too lazy/in bed with the club to report on it.

31 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ashley sick of Bruce now too. Brings in a PFM that just wants to sign British cloggers and then he gets mad at them ;D

Seems like the Kamara at Marseille and Cajuste at Midtjylland were likely who Nickson and his lot recommended when Bruce asked for a DM, but he's wanted Choudhury for ages now and thought he could convince Ashley with his sucking up and grovelling. Unlucky! :lol:

So here we are yet again ... with another manager that does not want to sign the types of players Ashley prefers to bring in. Now we are left with a very shaky squad for the season AGAIN!

Hopefully this leads to a huge blow up and Bruce gets flung out on his arse. At least let something good come of this please.

This is probably quite close to the truth. We've always been told that NUFC's transfer policy is fluid, if the right player comes along at the right age, we would go for it. Hamza is only 23, so the only reason I can think of for us to be saying no, is because Ashley thinks he's shit, and people at the club don't trust Bruce's judgement. 

Bruce still won't walk, we are stuck with him unless Ashley pulls the trigger, and we already know he will just sit on it for as long as possible hoping we fluke enough wins to stay up. 

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

We’ve also saved £60k+ a week in wages after letting five players leave whilst only bringing Willock in (£3m+ over the year).

Plus nominal fees for Lejeune and Longstaff on loan and the Armstrong fee.

We’ve easily recouped more than the pittance we’ve spent on tick. Bet someone else leaves today too.

Shame the media are too lazy/in bed with the club to report on it.

I bet its almost £200k a week saved in wages