Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, Ben said:

I bet its almost £200k a week saved in wages 

Wouldn’t surprise me, I dramatically under guessed on purpose to show the bare minimum.

Someone could probably work it out properly based on reported wages through FM which are usually fairly accurate.

Either way, we’ve made a profit, again. Spent £26m if you listen to the media though.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

We’ve also saved £60k+ a week in wages after letting five players leave whilst only bringing Willock in (£3m+ over the year).

Plus nominal fees for Lejeune and Longstaff on loan and the Armstrong fee.

We’ve easily recouped more than the pittance we’ve spent on tick. Bet someone else leaves today too.

Shame the media are too lazy/in bed with the club to report on it.

And the rest, I would say closer to £150k a week

That transfer policy is bollocks though.

Theres no point in buying the next Messi for a bargain fee if it means gayle (with his new contract) and Joelinton (with his big outlay) miss out or it pushes another player out of position.

We need the right players in the right positions. We cant even do that with the existing playing staff never mind new ones.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

This is probably quite close to the truth. We've always been told that NUFC's transfer policy is fluid, if the right player comes along at the right age, we would go for it. Hamza is only 23, so the only reason I can think of for us to be saying no, is because Ashley thinks he's shit, and people at the club don't trust Bruce's judgement. 

Bruce still won't walk, we are stuck with him unless Ashley pulls the trigger, and we already know he will just sit on it for as long as possible hoping we fluke enough wins to stay up. 

Every window we see the links to young players with pretty decent reputations in France/Belgium/Denmark/Netherlands in particular, and they are always in that 21-23 years old range and have good reputations, but seem the sorts to need to prove themselves at a higher level first, but could potentially then go on to be sold for much more. This is what Ashley has always wanted.

The one manager we brought in that allowed the recruitment team to sign whoever was McLaren and that summer we did pretty decent business in hindsight, but the manager failed miserably and did not get the best out of the players at all. If McLaren had been anywhere near half decent we would have been doing okay by now, as I think the recruitment typically identified decent talent.

That summer we signed Mbemba, Wijnaldum, Mitrovic, Thauvin and Toney. 

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Stand by the fact Carr was actually very decent for us 

I really liked Carr man. Thought he was class. The only times he seemingly recommended signings that were poor were in circumstances where they went for options much lower down his list where there was risk involved i.e. more of a gamble e.g. Riviere.

If we had ever had a decent manager when he was here only God knows how good we could have potentially been. Even some of the players considered flops under him might have turned out much better and would have at least been decent squad players.

12 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Stand by the fact Carr was actually very decent for us 

His recommendations were generally quite good, it’s just we usually signed the ones at the bottom of the list.

Guest reefatoon
24 minutes ago, Willow said:

Newcastle United Football Club [emoji38]

That profile photo you have man [emoji38] Fucking awful viewing. You should just keep posting pictures of bacon, as that's the look he has staring at the frying pan

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I really liked Carr man. Thought he was class. The only times he seemingly recommended signings that were poor were in circumstances where they went for options much lower down his list where there was risk involved i.e. more of a gamble e.g. Riviere.

If we had ever had a decent manager when he was here only God knows how good we could have potentially been. Even some of the players considered flops under him might have turned out much better and would have at least been decent squad players.

We did Rafa and he was the one responsible for getting rid of Carr

Just now, et tu brute said:

We did Rafa and he was the one responsible for getting rid of Carr

Yeah, as much as I like Rafa he was not the manager to bring in under Carr, as he wants his own signings.

Ashley gave Carr a lot of power to recommend a pool of players to pick from, which Rafa was never going to go for, as he wanted to be the one directing the recruitment team and not vice versa.

Just another mess of a situation by Mike Ashley. Getting rid of Carr only to then ultimately get rid of Rafa was just utterly ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It’s still no way to run a club though. There needs to be a connection between the transfer strategy, the manager and the tactics/player types that the manager wants to use. All have to be working together. 

However good Carr was, having one bloke decide on who a club signs and doesn’t sign is a recipe for disaster. 

Just now, KaKa said:

:lol: All this fuss over Hamza Choudhury man.

Bruce has been after since his first summer at the club hasn't he? So bizarre when there's better options out there. We should've been all over Kamara/Cajuste and we should be all over Maitland-Niles too. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s still no way to run a club though. There needs to be a connection between the transfer strategy, the manager and the tactics/player types that the manager wants to use. All have to be working together. 

However good Carr was, having one bloke decide on who a club signs and doesn’t sign is a recipe for disaster. 

I imagine the recruitment team still has discussions about the areas of the team that need strengthening based on how the manager wants to play etc, and then provides a good range of options as far as players are concerned. I think it can work.

However, the most important bit is having a manager/head coach that is in agreement with the setup from the outset, which Ashley never does. He just tries to strong arm random managers into going along with it, and when they kick up a fuss he just ignores them and signs no one :lol: