Transfer rumours

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Edwards penning his "Bruce wins his powerplay with Ashley" article as we speak. 

"Credit must be given to Bruce for sticking to his guns" 

39 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s still no way to run a club though. There needs to be a connection between the transfer strategy, the manager and the tactics/player types that the manager wants to use. All have to be working together. 

However good Carr was, having one bloke decide on who a club signs and doesn’t sign is a recipe for disaster. 

Rafa bought players to fit his system, it was about getting results, not inflating sale values. You just have to look at our defence when he was here, and how it works now to see the difference a system actually makes. 

That said, I'll bet Gray's value has gone up since he took him from Leicester. 

I don’t want to sign choudhury just to see what Bruce does next. I imagine it’ll be nothing which will the validate why we love Rafa and hate that cunt. So stay where you are Choudhury 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Placate the happy clappers, low outlay. Also if he’s shite on loan we aren’t stuck with him. Spending money without spending money basically 

Yeah, it indicates a very temporary type of thinking. I suppose for as long as he wants to sell up he's never going to make any big outlays.

Probably taking a punt that we stay up without any outlay, and if it's looking shaky he'll spend a bit in January.

5 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Don't quite understand why Mike Ashley would ever agree to a 'senior' player loan. If he has a stormer, he'll obviously just go elsewhere, if he's shite then it'll be a waste of money.

To be fair we just signed Willock after a successful loan here.

Just now, KaKa said:

To be fair we just signed Willock after a successful loan here.

True, but what was he worth before the loan? Developing and raising a player's value then paying it seems like something that'd annoy Mike tonnes.