Transfer rumours

Yorkie

52 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

I think you've set your sights too high for right now. Toney is a quality talent and someone that could grow with the club over the next few years. We aren't going to be going out and buying Haaland and the likes right now. Signing the best players from outside the top six will be part of the process. Much like Man City initially did with the likes of Bridges and Barry.

Woah, hang on, when I said CL i didn't mean the best players in the CL, i'm talking the likes of Ramsey, Icardi, Van Der Beek. They're absolutely attainable in January.

17 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Woah, hang on, when I said CL i didn't mean the best players in the CL, i'm talking the likes of Ramsey, Icardi, Van Der Beek. They're absolutely attainable in January.

I think there will be some of those, but there will be some of the Toney's too.

10 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

I think there will be some of those, but there will be some of the Toney's too.

Can't see it personally. We've got no reason to gamble on players in their mid 20's who've had 5 games at this level. I'd like us to sign the likes of Cantwell, Gallagher, McNeil, Barnes etc

6 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Can't see it personally. We've got no reason to gamble on players in their mid 20's who've had 5 games at this level. I'd like us to sign the likes of Cantwell, Gallagher, McNeil, Barnes etc

Yes, these are realistically attainable players, at good ages and would improve us vastly in the short-term, then add that extra special quality here and there around them not long after to form a decent team and when that’s established, go from there to another level of player.

Edited by HTT II

8 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Thoroughly agree, who’s attainable with similar age and ability for a CB, RB, CF?

8 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

One of my work mates was raving about someone called Doku earlier

Great prospect, would love to see him at the club in the summer, think I’d prefer tried and tested prem players for now. 

14 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

One of my work mates was raving about someone called Doku earlier

St maximans yoynger brother judging by style of play.

They actually played together a few years ago.

Stand out performer in belgium national team over last year

2 minutes ago, buzza said:

St maximans yoynger brother judging by style of play.

They actually played together a few years ago.

Stand out performer in belgium national team over last year

Pretty sure that's not true

I wouldn’t mind Carr coming back as head of scouting, contrary to popular thoughts, Rafa wanted to keep him, but Ashley being Ashley, he thought why keep someone else on the payroll and in turn Carr’s job was basically, and over Rafa’s head, given to Barnes who had the final say on who Rafa could and could not go for, hence Joselu to name many :lol: