Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I'm I the only one who doesn't want to touch players like Coutinho, Martial and Bale?

I want players on their way up or with something to prove. Give me a Tarkowski or whatever any day, for now at least.

I want the world's next best players not the previous ones.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I'm I the only one who doesn't want to touch players like Coutinho, Martial and Bale?

I want players on their way up or with something to prove. Give me a Tarkowski or whatever any day, for now at least.

I want the world's next best players not the previous ones.

I'm kind of with you there but some experience wouldn't be a bad thing but not players who seem to have lost their desire.

Guest HTT II

I think Martial has been wasted at Man Utd, played left and right, through the middle, often off the bench, so under the right coach/manager and tactics/setup he’s a top-class player potentially. I’d have him here in a heart beat!

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see us go in for Abraham 

We could have had him for 20m the season we went up under Rafa, who wanted him on loan in the Championship in Jan with a view to buy along with RLC and Kennedy and their ‘keeper who Rafa all had lined up to join, the club said wait until we’re up and we ended up with Joselu…

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
Just now, Collage said:

Alexander Isak

not a rumour, just what I want

He looks amazing, from the Euros anyway, a real talent. 

I think you have to be very careful with signings because clubs will just rinse you if you go for established PL players. Particularly in January. But equally you don't want to gamble on random players that you haven't done due diligence on. 

I think players with expiring contracts and buy out clauses are a good option to get quality without having to deal with ridiculous negotiations. 

I've never been a fan of "PL experience" which is roughly translated to 28+ years players who are on the decline looking for a final big pay day. It never served us well before Ashley, it will not serve us well now either (although it's a situation we may now be more likely to buy us out of instead of being stuck with an ageing, unmotivated squad).

Never had an issue with MA's strategy in the sense that he wanted talents over experience, however under new ownership I hope the next part of the strategy where MA would normally cash in changes to a strategy where we get to keep the talents that have blossomed and add to them. 

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

I've never been a fan of "PL experience" which is roughly translated to 28+ years players who are on the decline looking for a final big pay day. It never served us well before Ashley, it will not serve us well now either (although it's a situation we may now be more likely to buy us out of instead of being stuck with an ageing, unmotivated squad).

Never had an issue with MA's strategy in the sense that he wanted talents over experience, however under new ownership I hope the next part of the strategy where MA would normally cash in changes to a strategy where we get to keep the talents that have blossomed and add to them. 

In our situation could work out very well to buy quality experience to bridge the few years gap before we can buy the best players at their peak. Cavani has turned out pretty well for Man U, and they don't even need to follow that policy, they should be able to attract all the best current talent. 

Guest HTT II

In our situation, I’d prefer some PL experience be it on players or in the dugout right now, not many foreign managers/players unless top-top-class come in straight away and just perform. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

In our situation could work out very well to buy quality experience to bridge the few years gap before we can buy the best players at their peak. Cavani has turned out pretty well for Man U, and they don't even need to follow that policy, they should be able to attract all the best current talent. 

Don't think Cavani would work out for Man Utd if he was relied on as a regular starter. I don't want to buy players at their peak either. Much rather prefer talent that we grow as "our own" if that makes sense :lol: 

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

In our situation, I’d prefer some PL experience be it on players or in the dugout right now, not many foreign managers/players unless top-top-class come in straight away and just perform. 

I totally agree, the most important thing is to keep Newcastle in the PL this year.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Don't think Cavani would work out for Man Utd if he was relied on as a regular starter. I don't want to buy players at their peak either. Much rather prefer talent that we grow as "our own" if that makes sense :lol: 

It makes absolutes sense for a club normally, but I imagine we'd be looking to move a bit faster given the ambition of the new owners. We are more like Man City and Chelsea after their takeovers than clubs who have lower expectations. 

23 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I think Martial has been wasted at Man Utd, played left and right, through the middle, often off the bench, so under the right coach/manager and tactics/setup he’s a top-class player potentially. I’d have him here in a heart beat!

Martial would be a terrific get right out the gate.