Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest HTT II
Just now, Tomato Deuce said:

Martial would be a terrific get right out the gate.

I think he’s actually someone we could potentially target either on loan or permanently and would be a great signing, a top-class player potentially without the ego/mercenary baggage and would be, under the right management, a huge star here/in the PL. Again he’s been massively wasted at Man Utd IMO.

Max Aarons is an absolute no brainer of a signing.

If were looking at central defenders, I'd also consider Umtiti from Barca.

Maybe Neves in midfield...

Isak up front...

And if theres a chance - I'd go all out for Sterling.

6 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I think he’s actually someone we could potentially target either on loan or permanently and would be a great signing, a top-class player potentially without the ego/mercenary baggage and would be, under the right management, a huge star here/in the PL. Again he’s been massively wasted at Man Utd IMO.

Personally think he’s overrated. I understand he’s been messed around but he’s not been particularly great for a while now. Wouldn’t be worth the risk considering the fee and wages he’d command imo.

Seems like the kind of player who’s destined to get a cozy gig warming PSG’s bench in the near future.

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Personally think he’s overrated. I understand he’s been messed around but he’s not been particularly great for a while now. Wouldn’t be worth the risk considering the fee and wages he’d command imo.

Seems like the kind of player who’s destined to get a cozy gig warming PSG’s bench in the near future.

He's a tremendously gifted player, but he seems to lack a bit of hunger at Man U. Not sure he'd show any more up here tbh. 

13 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Max Aarons is an absolute no brainer of a signing.

If were looking at central defenders, I'd also consider Umtiti from Barca.

Maybe Neves in midfield...

Isak up front...

And if theres a chance - I'd go all out for Sterling.

Umtiti is somewhat injury prone. Rest I’d go with. 

Newcastle United plan to make a move for Napoli and Senegal centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly, 30, as they look to bring in a marquee signing. (Football Insider) 

Burnley defender James Tarkowski, 28, could become one of Newcastle's first signings since the takeover of the club, while the Magpies have also discussed fellow England player Jesse Lingard, with the 28-year-old attacking midfielder's contract at Manchester United running out next summer. (Sunday Telegraph)

Newcastle are also interested in bringing in Paris St-Germain and Argentina striker Mauro Icardi, although Tottenham and Juventus are also keen on the 28-year-old. (Calciomercato, via Mail on Sunday)

The Tyneside club's new owners are set to sack Magpies manager Steve Bruce next week. (Sunday Mirror)

Former Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is interested in a takeover of Championship club Derby County, who are in administration. (Sunday Mirror)

5 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Newcastle United plan to make a move for Napoli and Senegal centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly, 30, as they look to bring in a marquee signing. (Football Insider) 

Burnley defender James Tarkowski, 28, could become one of Newcastle's first signings since the takeover of the club, while the Magpies have also discussed fellow England player Jesse Lingard, with the 28-year-old attacking midfielder's contract at Manchester United running out next summer. (Sunday Telegraph)

Newcastle are also interested in bringing in Paris St-Germain and Argentina striker Mauro Icardi, although Tottenham and Juventus are also keen on the 28-year-old. (Calciomercato, via Mail on Sunday)

The Tyneside club's new owners are set to sack Magpies manager Steve Bruce next week. (Sunday Mirror)

Former Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is interested in a takeover of Championship club Derby County, who are in administration. (Sunday Mirror)

I know those targets are only newspaper speculation, but telling that the players are 28 yrs old and up. We will no longer be hamstrung by looking for players under 25 for sell on potential, more often than not, that got us players like Jamal Lewis who just weren't good enough. We'll now be buying players at their peak who can do the job right now. 

Watching the England game last night, Ward-Prowse should be near the top of our list. He’s a very classy player and exactly what we need in CM. Only 26 as well so you’d like to think he’s got his best years ahead of him. 

Papers will be chucking names into the ring the for the next 3 months.   As if the Amanda etc is briefing the papers on targets......   It only day 4 of new ownership.     I must admit though, it makes a pleasant change from the tumbleweed on transfer speculation that we were used to under Ashley's reign!

Edited by Awaymag

Insigne, Isco and Kessie are just a few players who's contracts run out soon. Kessie is probably better than Hendrick..

All will depend on what kind of manager we get. Also, many players won't come. Fun nonetheless.

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Kalvin Phillips anyone?

For the money he'd cost I'd personally rather go for Kessie. I know we are rich but we can't spend too much on every single player, never mind in the first years.

I imagine he'd cost 50-60+.

Edited by Ikon