Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, andyc35i said:

I don’t honk spending money on Man Utd cast offs will be the way forward. We will be looking to invest in talented youngsters, kinda like Dortmund have done

Normally I’d agree but their current manager is only marginally less clueless than Bruce so there’s a good chance those cast-offs are just being badly coached and under-utilised and will come good under a decent manager. 

I hope so, with the occasional experienced player here and there. But must be players with a desire and hunger. I've always admired clubs and when they develop their own player, or buy youngish players that bloom.

Lingard and martial would be decent. Donny I thought very highly of at Ajax, he was the goal threat from midfield but man United don’t play with that sort of midfielder so should never have bought him in the first place. Bailly is broken and can barely get 5 games under his belt without dying. 

Never like Lingard but he showed something different at Wham, a desire I didn't think he had. However he's 29 by the time the window opens and on a hefty wedge and is only starting to think about his career. If he's taking a cut and on the cheap then he'd be a good option but would rather concentrate on many other areas first.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Never like Lingard but he showed something different at Wham, a desire I didn't think he had. However he's 29 by the time the window opens and on a hefty wedge and is only starting to think about his career. If he's taking a cut and on the cheap then he'd be a good option but would rather concentrate on many other areas first.

He plays a useful position, basically a carrier in a front four. Good with tight little passes, can score from distance, isn’t a winger, isn’t a forward. 

3 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Weren't thetr rumours we were sftet Immobile!

He stated in Aug 2020 that the consortium had made an offer for him before it all fell apart, and that they had informed

him that they also wanted an Italian manager- Spalletti or Allegri.

Newcastle United's new owners are considering replacing manager Steve Bruce with Leicester City's Brendan Rodgers, Rangers manager Steven Gerrard or ex-Borussia Dortmund boss Lucien Favre. (Mail)

Former RB Leipzig coach Ralf Rangnick is also being looked at by the new Newcastle United hierarchy for the role of sporting director. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Newcastle United will target four Manchester United players when the transfer window reopens in January with France striker Anthony Martial, 25, Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek, 24, 27-year-old Ivory Coast defender Eric Bailly and England attacker Jesse Lingard, 28, all said to be on their wishlist. (Mirror)

4 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Have we been linked with any centre midfielders, considering were desperate for them? Need a right back too. 2 CMs the most important singings in Jan imo. Another striker as well considering we've only got one and he'll likely be injured again.

Linked in the media ? The last I can remember was Kamara last summer.

Edit...and Choudhury.

Edited by madras