Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, La Parka said:

Can see us enquiring about players like Ali or Jones. Those on fringes of first team football that have a decent reputation in England. 

If Howe comes in we won't go for Dele Ali - he's a notoriously bad trainer and Howe demands intensity and application.

Just now, La Parka said:

Can see us enquiring about players like Ali or Jones. Those on fringes of first team football that have a decent reputation in England. 

No way Ali will be leaving now he’s been given a fresh chance under Conte. Under Nuno I’d have said it would be a good chance of getting him, at least on loan. 

33 minutes ago, Manxst said:

No way Ali will be leaving now he’s been given a fresh chance under Conte. Under Nuno I’d have said it would be a good chance of getting him, at least on loan. 

Who says he's got a fresh chance?  Conte will be even less tolerant than Nuno/Poch if he's not pulling his weight. He needs a new club/change of scenery to get his reputation back up.

8 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Who says he's got a fresh chance?  Conte will be even less tolerant than Nuno/Poch if he's not pulling his weight. He needs a new club/change of scenery to get his reputation back up.

He’s got a fresh chance due to change of manager and Conte never having worked with him before, so a clean slate. If he doesn’t shape up and improve then yes, undoubtedly he’ll be out the door, but he’ll get a while to prove himself I’d have thought. Especially since there are reports of Conte not being allowed to spend as much as he wanted to in January. 

29 minutes ago, marki said:

judyb getv some1 in we are in a bad place.who will takj iy.big job on there on there hsnds but ithink we can get out of thid

You type this with your face mate? 

Just now, Ankles Bennett said:

Coutinho and  Hazard would be a dream in January!!!

Not to a lot of people. We need other positions filled first. Especially given their form and fitness since leaving the PL. 

23 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Throwing money at players on a downward spiral struggling for motivation and form. Yikes!

Aye, I'm hoping we are looking at some of the talent spread in the teams under the big boys in Germany and Spain

6 hours ago, Raconteur said:

I was on the fence about Coutinho right up until I saw @Village Idiot ‘s post :lol:

He plays for us like somebody ripped off his soul. Completely dispirited, can't get anything to work. Our attack is as threatening as a newborn puppy and yet he isn't able to nail down a spot in the starting lineup. And the fact is he doesn't deserve it.

Probably there's a large mental component to this (also lots of injuries though), and maybe he can recapture *some* form after a change of environment. I mean, by all accounts he behaves very professionally so the player he was 5 years ago can't have vanished completely. But his form at Barça is truly abysmal.

10 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

He plays for us like somebody ripped off his soul. Completely dispirited, can't get anything to work. Our attack is as threatening as a newborn puppy and yet he isn't able to nail down a spot in the starting lineup. And the fact is he doesn't deserve it.

Probably there's a large mental component to this (also lots of injuries though), and maybe he can recapture *some* form after a change of environment. I mean, by all accounts he behaves very professionally so the player he was 5 years ago can't have vanished completely. But his form at Barça is truly abysmal.

He entered the Brazilian Triangle where a superstar Brazilian footballer nears 30 and all their ability drains rapidly from their body.