Transfer rumours

Yorkie

13 minutes ago, Charlies said:

This is spot on tbf

He’ll be lucky to get a new contract at Barca though? Even Xavi had to pay off half his Qatar contract himself as Barca couldn’t afford to do it via FFP. Messi obviously left, and several first team players have taken pay cuts. 

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Ben said:

Can you imagine what the January transfer deadline day will be like ? I might take the day off

Hope we don’t leave it that late. Everyone in nice and early would be perfect.

8 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Hope we don’t leave it that late. Everyone in nice and early would be perfect.

Best thing we could do is get all

of our negotiations out of the way in the run up, all new signings join in the first week of January and we can use them for our January fixtures. 

1 hour ago, Holmesy said:

Best thing we could do is get all

of our negotiations out of the way in the run up, all new signings join in the first week of January and we can use them for our January fixtures. 

Only option really, absolutely have to maximise every week of the season from now on. 

Don't understand how we can be in for anybody ATM, took us weeks just to get Eddie in and even that's not official. Surely we would need input from a DOF or a manager first. Hopefully everything settles down now until January and we appoint a decent DOF and give manager some time to figure who he can use and who is just a waste of a place. 

It is fine as long as we know the key positions to strengthen in. We can always look to improving all areas of the squad, seeing that no one is indispensable and we now have the budget. Would also mean a potential successor to Dubravka and that we can bin Darlow off.

I've absolutely no problem with us going after a keeper. Having a good one fit for 38 games is absolutely crucial if you want to get anywhere. I like Dubravka a lot and he's easily one of Rafa's best signings (second after Ritchie, probably, for me) but he's prone to a rick and spends far too much time on the sidelines. 

Again though, massively dubious about any links to any players at this point. :lol:

3 minutes ago, HWTL said:

Don't understand how we can be in for anybody ATM, took us weeks just to get Eddie in and even that's not official. Surely we would need input from a DOF or a manager first. Hopefully everything settles down now until January and we appoint a decent DOF and give manager some time to figure who he can use and who is just a waste of a place. 

Just under 8 weeks until the window opens. We will be looking towards players out of contract in the summer, and those will have other suitors I’m sure. Even if we’re not offering contracts etc, I’d hope we are speaking to agents and seeing who is available and who would want to come. And if they want to come, what their demands will be so we can get things done early in January. Howe and the DoF can either accept or veto suggestions, or bring their own suggestions to the table, but at least we’ll be a little prepared and not fall behind other teams yet again, and wait until the last days in Jan. 

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I've absolutely no problem with us going after a keeper. Having a good one fit for 38 games is absolutely crucial if you want to get anywhere. I like Dubravka a lot and he's easily one of Rafa's best signings (second after Ritchie, probably, for me) but he's prone to a rick and spends far too much time on the sidelines. 

Again though, massively dubious about any links to any players at this point. :lol:

Our medical department will finally leave the 18th centuary then I assume our injury record will improve.

Dubs should be good for a few years yet.

9 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Just under 8 weeks until the window opens. We will be looking towards players out of contract in the summer, and those will have other suitors I’m sure. Even if we’re not offering contracts etc, I’d hope we are speaking to agents and seeing who is available and who would want to come. And if they want to come, what their demands will be so we can get things done early in January. Howe and the DoF can either accept or veto suggestions, or bring their own suggestions to the table, but at least we’ll be a little prepared and not fall behind other teams yet again, and wait until the last days in Jan. 

That sounds hopeful but just wondering who is actually speaking to these agents or even deciding what players are worth the time spent finding out if they are willing to come. Surely anybody that did that in the Ashley era shouldn't be let anywhere near agents and the new owners won't have a clue what players are needed. Yes any top class players would be acceptable but that's not really the way to go. I think any linked players ATM is just click bait.

1 minute ago, HWTL said:

That sounds hopeful but just wondering who is actually speaking to these agents or even deciding what players are worth the time spent finding out if they are willing to come. Surely anybody that did that in the Ashley era shouldn't be let anywhere near agents and the new owners won't have a clue what players are needed. Yes any top class players would be acceptable but that's not really the way to go. I think any linked players ATM is just click bait.

Don’t know, but I’m sure PIF at least will have advisors (not on the club payroll) who would be telling them who’s available and what might be needed etc. I’m sure I saw a few weeks ago Nicklas Sule state MBS has personally been in touch to try and get him to join (not sure how that assists our impartial ownership claims though!). 

10 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Our medical department will finally leave the 18th centuary then I assume our injury record will improve.

Dubs should be good for a few years yet.

Yeah I suspect they still use leeches so if they can be dragged into the age of penicillin then it can only be a good thing

Assuming we go down how will ffp affect us if we spend say £100M in January (haha fat chance) lose say £150M in The Championship and go up? Are we then fairly screwed for strengthening again?

Or, can we wangle our way out through sponsorship? I just don’t see us avoiding the drop.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Assuming we go down how will ffp affect us if we spend say £100M in January (haha fat chance) lose say £150M in The Championship and go up? Are we then fairly screwed for strengthening again?

Or, can we wangle our way out through sponsorship? I just don’t see us avoiding the drop.

Does the money we can spend not go on previous 3 years and as Ashley spend basically nothing that's why we are able to use the quoted amount and then if we can try and get a more lucrative sponsorship deal and sell some we can then spend more. The players we buy will also decrease in value each year there contract goes down giving us more to spend. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I got out of some of the information I've read.