Transfer rumours

Yorkie

2 hours ago, Zero said:

They need time to adapt to the team and tactics FFS. I did expect us to sign some players before the window is open. You can’t just throw them on the pitch and expect them to fit in well, especially if they are from other countries and may not speak English.

The counterparties also have incentives to drag on till the end of the window in order to squeeze more money from us. 

If we can’t finalise the deals in early Jan,  very likely they will arrive in Feb, and even if they are fucking brilliant they still need at least a month to fit in. That’s already Mar. 

panic mode?

There are 31 days in January and a player can arrive on any of them, not arriving in early January does not equal arriving in February.  Also many players have arrived and made a instant impact, look at the likes of Sissoko or Ben Arfa.  Yes we should get players in ASAP, but not having the deals all done and announced before the window even opens just doesn't qualify as "time running out".  It doesn't even mean they won't arrive in early January.

Edited by Teasy

Needs to be all systems go as regards getting the transfers in now. We've not got a meaningful game for over 2 weeks so there's no excuses to not get players into the club asap. I'm sure they're working hard on it but it needs to be the sole focus on moving the club forward now. 

42 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Seen Lloyd Kelly from Bournemouth linked not sure I've seen him mentioned

It's one of those that has gone under the radar because he's not a high profile name, but wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Howe will know all about him.