I’m gonna just come out with it…

Trippier

Digne

Bot

Ramsey (loan)

Wilshire (pay as you play)

PEA (loan)

Wilshere and PEA are awful options.

PEA unavailable until Feb and clubs aren't taking Wilshere for good reason.

Even Ramsey I'm not keen on given his injury record.

Guest HTT II
Just now, jonny1403 said:

He's not a better option than Hayden ffs [emoji38] He was released by a Championship team six months ago!

If he’s fit he’s infinitely more creative than him, that’s my point, we need creativity in the team. Again I wouldn’t want him here, just throwing it out there! Same with Ramsey and PEA ideally too!

Just now, HTT II said:

If he’s fit he’s infinitely more creative than him, that’s my point, we need creativity in the team. Again I wouldn’t want him here, just throwing it out there! Same with Ramsey and PEA ideally too!

That's like saying Dwight Gayle is more creative than Isaac Hayden. Technically correct but they play different positions. One of them is finished as a player and has been for years and the other is a solid enough PL CM.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Aaron Ramsay is exactly what I don’t want. 

If he's willing to take a substantial pay cut I'd entertain the idea. Performance related bonuses to incentivise him. He's in a position to wait for somebody else to match his wages, but would anybody be prepared to?

Guest HTT II
Just now, jonny1403 said:

That's like saying Dwight Gayle is more creative than Isaac Hayden. Technically correct but they play different positions. One of them is finished as a player and has been for years and the other is a solid enough PL CM.

I disagree, I think Hayden is a Championship player, as are most of our players especially at the back!

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If Ramsey comes in and gets 5 goals between now and May then does bugger all the rest of his career, it’d be one of the most important things to happen to us in our history.

If he was guaranteed to do that it would be a no-brainer. Question is how much are we willing to gamble.

Highly tempted to quote my own post, but Digne is already on such high wages that most suitors can't afford him mid-season after a lockdown-affected season. 

Chelsea have the added bonus of a ex-academy star full back on the other side (Reece James) who'll be on buttons and chomping at the bit for higher wages like their veteran full backs, Chilwell, and what would be Digne. Mason Mount is probably still on Academy money too. Digne wouldn't affect our wage structure because most of our players need to be out the door, not placated and secured on longer deals.

Ramsey for free and on wages similar to Trippier would be a no brainer to me. Better than every other CM we have even if there are question marks on his current mentality and fitness over in Italy. Fact is, Eddie Howe strikes me as someone who isn't going to allow any new players to come in and ruin the vibe he's building internally. 

What's Ramsey's injury record this past year, like? I'm quite certain we'd stay clear of anyone made of Pringles. Ramsey, Umtiti, Wilshere aren't the sort who'd help us avoid relegation. Young, hungry, fit winners is what we should be after. Players with no baggage. Can't imagine having a string of bad results and then having a Galactico throw a strop.

Just now, Emotic said:

What's Ramsey's injury record this past year, like? I'm quite certain we'd stay clear of anyone made of Pringles. Ramsey, Umtiti, Wilshere aren't the sort who'd help us avoid relegation. Young, hungry, fit winners is what we should be after. Players with no baggage. Can't imagine having a string of bad results and then having a Galactico throw a strop.

Players like that need to be looked at towards the end of the window. It'd be nice to add them to the mix when we've secured the core.

9 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

If he's willing to take a substantial pay cut I'd entertain the idea. Performance related bonuses to incentivise him. He's in a position to wait for somebody else to match his wages, but would anybody be prepared to?

If he can’t get up for playing for Juventus the last couple of years he isn’t coming in to a relegation battle and hitting the ground running. It’s too much of a risk. We have half a season to get out of the shit. Players need to be ready from the off. 

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If Ramsey comes in and gets 5 goals between now and May then does bugger all the rest of his career, it’d be one of the most important things to happen to us in our history.

If Ramsey came in and managed to play 5 games between now and May it would be a highlight for him to retire on.

6 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Please god, no signings like Ramsay and Umtiti. We’re not a dumping ground for underperforming/finished players on massive contracts.

Exactly this. We should be avoiding this way of going.