Transfer rumours

Yorkie

If we signed Trippier, Digne a cb and a striker (depending on Wilson’s length of injury) I’d be pretty confident we’d amass more points that Burnley, Norwich and Watford for the remaining half of the seasons. Something would have to be seriously wrong if we didn’t. 

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Edwards saying centre midfield probably least pressing requirements, so he’s completely guessing then.

Aye, exactly. You would have to be as thick as whale spunk to not think a cm is a priority. Hence Edwards shite thoughts on it.

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

If we signed Trippier, Digne a cb and a striker (depending on Wilson’s length of injury) I’d be pretty confident we’d amass more points that Burnley, Norwich and Watford for the remaining half of the seasons. Something would have to be seriously wrong if we didn’t. 

Just now, Sima said:

Wouldn't mind a CM on loan either.

Would be a fantastic window. 👍

What a difference if we got Digne and Trippier. I know we are loaded but normally getting severely disappointed every window was expecting similar this one. Honestly can't believe what I'm seeing so far. CB, ST and couple on loan and over the moon.

We do need to strengthen both positions (CB and CM) as a matter of urgency, that's pretty obvious. The ideal solution would be to get one of each but given how short the window is that might not be a goer at all. I just compare the 2 scenarios:

A new CB pairing playing behind a CM of Shelvey, Willock and Hayden

A new CM playing in front of 2 of Fernandez, Schaer and Lascelles 

Of those 2 situations I'd be far more comfortable with an upgrade in CM first. I think our current options at CB are adequate whereas our current options at CM are really poor. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not and never have been concerned. All I have said is if (and that's a big if) Edwards statement that CM isn't a priority is correct, it'd be concerning. It should be at the top of the priority list.

It's more concerning to be considering anything posted by that attention whore. Edwards, I mean. Not KI.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I’m gonna just come out with it…

Trippier

Digne

Bot

Ramsey (loan)

Wilshire (pay as you play)

PEA (loan)

Id take out Ramsey and get another ST in but the rest look good 

The way Joelinton has been playing, it has become less of a pressing issue and with Wilsons injury its been knocked down the list further.

I'm 100% convinced we will sign a CM but it will be later in the window and it will be a loan deal or a player that becomes available.

Loan deals are our ace card. We can afford to blow our transfer budget on 3/4 main targets and then move onto loans, where we have the advantage of being able to afford big loan fees and big wages.

I see it:

Trippier 12m

Botman 27/28m

Digne 20m

Striker 30/35m

Loan: Aubameyang, Van De Beek, Rodon etc, once we know where we are.

If Aubameyang becomes available on loan I can see them waiting for a striker on a permanent in the summer. They need to be flexible.

1 minute ago, STM said:

The way Joelinton has been playing, it has become less of a pressing issue and with Wilsons injury its been knocked down the list further.

I'm 100% convinced we will sign a CM but it will be later in the window and it will be a loan deal or a player that becomes available.

Loan deals are our ace card. We can afford to blow our transfer budget on 3/4 main targets and then move onto loans, where we have the advantage of being able to afford big loan fees and big wages.

I see it:

Trippier 12m

Botman 27/28m

Digne 20m

Striker 30/35m

Loan: Aubameyang, Van De Beek, Rodon etc, once we know where we are.

If Aubameyang becomes available on loan I can see them waiting for a striker on a permanent in the summer. They need to be flexible.

You're from the Mike Ashley school of negotiating if you think Lille will accept 28m for Botman having rejected 30m [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

You're from the Mike Ashley school of negotiating if you think Lille will accept 28m for Botman having rejected 30m [emoji38]

We were told that Trippier was 25m. I suspect the press know the players but not the price. Besides, deals get structured in all kinds of ways. Could do 20 up front with plenty of add ons.