Transfer rumours

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Why would Barbosa be the better deal? He was absolute shite at Inter.

I get why people would prefer an exotic signing in the hopes we bag the next Aguero but it's probably more likely that they turn out to be fucking rubbish[emoji38]

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 minute ago, worthy said:

He might not be, but he is way more worth the chance than an old shitter from Burnley, Also he didnt really get the chance at Inter so thats just silly.

Wood clearly isn't shit though and is far less risky than Barbosa.

10 minutes ago, gallowgate said:

Where do you get the 1 in 3 striker from?

He's played 21 times this season and scored only three goals.... he's fukking cr@p and not the answer. I would have expected this from Ashley, certainly not from Yasir Al-Rumayyan.

Why do you think Burnley fans want rid..... not because he's class...

155 games in the premier league and 50 odd goals according to the PL website. Also he’s scored double-digits every season since 2017 apparently.

They can fuck off for 17.5 million though. No chance.

Edited by McCormick

Wood isn't the long term answer but buying him would probably be a good idea on two counts. Would improve our striker situation and would take an important player off a direct relegation rival.

It's like when Man City kept buying Arsenal's best players

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

155 games in the premier league and 50 odd goals according to the PL website. Also he’s scored double-digits every season since 2017 apparently.

They can fuck off for 17.5 million though. No chance.

Very similar goal scoring record to Wilson in the PL.

5 minutes ago, triggs said:

£17m isn't even bad for a 1 in 3 striker off a relegation rival. He's probably worth more like £30m to them

He's not scoring for them this season like and they could probably invest that £17m on someone better.

Like I say I do think he'd be a good signing for us though 

Wood has 3 from 5 xG this year, so he's getting into positions but may have missed a couple. Reassuringly, Cornet has 6 goals from 1.5 xG, and that scoring rate won't continue. Based on this, taking away Wood may hurt Burnley more than their fans currently realize. That all said, I suspect the club we need to finish above is Watford, not Burnley.

17 million is too much, and I would rather take a punt on Diaz.

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Good analogy TBF. Is Newcastle/Burnley the Poundland version? :lol: 

Aye :lol:

Even before Arsenal, they bought Villa and Everton's best players like Lescott, Barry and Milner

If we can get this over the line in a day or two then I can see it as a pricey panicky solution for Watford. No point waiting weeks for a better option only for our situation to be unsalvageable by then.

17.5 seems awfully steep though :lol:

Edited by McCormick

Just now, geordie_b said:

Wood would be a huge focal point for the team to buzz round, if we had him yesterday we win the game by 4 or 5 goals

We don't play Cambridge every time though.