Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

By that logic we could just sign someone from League Two and they’d score those goals too.

I said it yesterday but we could literally sign a mid tiered striker from Europe or lower league and they’d be offering more structure than playing a midfielder in attack due to the fact we can’t rely on perma crock Gayle and Wilson 

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

He's a stop gap signing. Not a long term one. I think if we get him he can and will score the goals to keep us up. 

We’re going to need more than five goals (which his entire career has shown to be his probable ceiling, not taking into account his age and potential decline).

There are far better options available for the same money Burnley would demand for him. 

I’m not sure how I’ve got to this place but I think Wood would be a really solid signing and offers something different to Wilson. Depending on price it’d be a logical buy. Similar to the Murphy signing in the Championship season. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

We have tons of money and you guys talk about Wood...

Bar got a hundred times lower because of last night eh :lol:

Was thinking this myself. So much money and we end up with Wood. Only at Newcastle. No thanks..

Just now, Kanji said:

simple math of how many on the plate chances our midfielders who’ve been in strikers positions have fluffed. 

And what? Wood is the only guy that can finish those chances? Chris wood is more than capable of fluffing his own chances. 30 shots this season 3 goals 

Just now, Kanji said:

I said it yesterday but we could literally sign a mid tiered striker from Europe or lower league and they’d be offering more structure than playing a midfielder in attack due to the fact we can’t rely on perma crock Gayle and Wilson 

Someone like Rivière?

We’ve seen under Ashley, a decent striker is one hell of an important position and if you neglect it, 9/10 you’re scraping a relegation battle.

I’d rather us spend £40m on a striker right now than a CB. At least we already have some CB options.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Just having a discussion on Wood. Relax please. 

Id much rather have a top tier striker given we can afford one. 

Not sure who isn't relaxed. I'm just putting out my opinion on it. I haven't told or asked anyone to be quiet about it. 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

It doesn’t at all. It’s got that Ashley vibe to me. I had a quick check and burnley fans want him gone, that’s a bad sign.

Ooff. Yeah, that is a bad sign. When it’s unanimous. Other fans opinions on players and managers are usually worth listening to. As we have found out a good few times. 

Just to play devil’s advocate. Burnley do play anti-football. Who’s to say he doesn’t perform better in a new set up and a team that is at least trying to progress into a more attacking outfit? 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Not sure who isn't relaxed. I'm just putting out my opinion on it. I haven't told or asked anyone to be quiet about it. 

Wasn’t talking to you homie. 

Any fee mentioned?

The guy is a 1 in 3 striker, which isn’t bad. Burnley fans seemingly want rid but honestly, if we can get him in the team for Watford and then get someone better later I’d be okay with it. Seems like a low-risk (albeit low reward :lol: ) signing for the pinch we’re in.

Edited by McCormick