How I fell in Love in Newcastle and the new Future.

South-Cheshire-Toon

There's some background to this post, and I’ve delayed posting it until the new manager was appointed, and now this has happened I can post my thoughts (bottled up since Bruce went) on the recent goings on.

Some of the below may seem irrelevant but hopefully you will see where I’m going with it.

To begin with, when I was a kid, many years ago, as being in South Cheshire it was that you supported either your local team Crewe Alex (unknown of to me at the time) or you support Liverpool or Man Utd, well I was 8 years old. At school you were either a Liverpool Red or a Manchester Red, though I do remember seeing Garth Crooks (was then at Stoke) at our primary school for some reason, and so it was Liverpool for me.

Fast forward 15 years, Crewe (whom I 'found' and started to follow (had to “Alex on tour in 1994” t-shirt after we got promoted for the first time (at all))) were playing Liverpool in the, then 2-legged, league cup. We lost 5-1 at Anfield and are then losing 4-0 at home.

Picture the scene. it's the 88th min, 4-0 up, and the scouse twats (as they have become to be called) are holding the offside line about 2 metres from the halfway line.

I was livid, here's my hometown team getting beat, all you could do would be for us to have one 'bit' of madness and let us score but oh no.

So, I thought fuck them - the scouse twats. (we did actually score in the 90th minute- that fucked up their match bonuses).

OK, so I’m now short of a team to support in the top league, and after a look around (honestly, I did way up all of the options) it wasn't going to be Utd, nor city, none from the midlands. I needed a team that no matter what the score if they 'tried' and 'played with honesty' then that was good enough from me.

And up popped Newcastle, this was circa 1996-ish I think - and that was it I was hooked.

It wasn't until much later that I managed to get to some games, thanks in part to LFEE, to whom I’ll be always grateful in getting me a ticket or two.

Praise and Grumble

As I’ve said, I live in south Cheshire, and our local BBC station is Radio Stoke-on-Trent (SOT), as based in SOT there is a lot of bias to the main team Stoke, then Port Vale, then Crewe.

So, we were always on AM, the vale on DAB and Stoke on FM (seems they started with Stoke on DAB but there weren't enough clay heads with DAB radios, so they moved it back).

Even when Crewe were higher in the leagues (and still are, but only just) we are on AM.

Any way after the games on a Saturday have finished there's a 'praise and grumble' radio show, where people can phone in and give their '2 cents' worth. So, at after 6 or so game Stoke are in a good position, the father-in-law was listening one week and the wording was 'This Guy’s great' referring to Michael O’Neill, 'Give him a 20-year contract - we're going places with him'. So, all rosy in the Stoke Shitty camp.

Fast forward to a couple of games ago, the shitty are 3-0 up against Cardiff, and then proceed to concede 3 in the last 15 minutes to draw 3-3.

Well, there weren't much praising going on, reading between the line - 'Get rid of the fucker' 'he doesn't know what he's fucking doing'. My, how things can change.

F1

In the past I also followed F1, mainly when the BBC had it (not paying for Sky in a month of Sundays - fuck that right off). Anyway, in an interview once, Max Mosley said that he'd like to have the championship run as follows, and I’ll try to explain - basically - there would be 20 'teams' with 20 'drivers', and there would be 20 'rounds'. So, the idea was that each driver would drive at each round for a different team. that way the 'best of the best' would be the champion (in a similar why to how the card game bridge can be played).

Overrated Managers

Now looking at the recent hype regarding Favre, ten Hague, Conte, Jose M, Gerrard etc, prior to the appointment we all thought any one of them plus all of the others could be the next manager, but looking back on things, as it appeared that at that moment in time they were regarded as "good managers".

I would disagree.

Look at thing now I think none of them are good managers, they are managers of a calibre that can introduce something new to a team and get them to play better - but aren't or don't want to have the thought that if things go 'bad' then they could get 'egg on their faces' if the team they manage then gets relegated.

This doesn’t make them a good manager; it makes them become ‘money followers’ by way of saying ‘Look how good I am’.

With the recent sacking of Villa’s Smith, Gerrard has come to the front of the betting to be the next manager, now whether or not this happens, and whether or not Gerrard makes any ‘moves’ to deny or confirm this, but it shows that some of these so called ‘managers’ only will move to a team where there is not as great a chance of going down than others.

Not always does the best means the best

In reference to the F1 situation, all of these managers want the best car, best team and best driver and as soon as anything changes with this – bang – there out of there like sloppy shit on a shiny silver shovel.

It doesn’t always mean that if you have a team of the best then all the goods will come your way, just take a look at the goings on at Man Utd, god knows how much spent – and do they look like they are all working and moving in the right direction – to me – No, as there are too many ego’s to be hyped up, lived up to, and too many to mention. They’re all wankers anyway.

These are the types of people you don’t want as your manager – you want a manager that sticks with the task through thick and thin.

And with Eddie I think we've got a person who can see the best in people, get the best out of people, play attractive football and move this club in a direction it needs to go.

I'd only be happy for Eddie to be here in 5,6 or 7 years and, all being well, we're in some cup final - and the manager of the opposition is one of the above named and we rub it right in their faces - twat's the lot of them.

Not kicked a ball yet

As I mentioned the Stoke story, I think some of the so called 'fans' are expecting too much, too soon, and in all honesty, I think it will be hard for us to attract the really high calibre of player this soon into the new ownership, but I think we need to give Eddie time and come the end of the season what will be will be.

But to those 'fans' slagging Howe off before he's even got a single player to kick a ball, using the 'he sent Bournemouth down' ticket then you need to wake up and get a grasp on reality, and smell the roses as at present they are living in cloud cuckoo land, as it’s always the same - people only see the bad or the failings that other have done, not the good as in Bournemouth getting promoted from Division 1 to the Premiership - and then staying there for 5 years (or whatever it was).

You don't always need a team of 'great' players, too many egos to control, but if you get a good group of players all pulling in the right direction then great things can happen.

Here's a big hello to Eddie Howe - Manager of the greatest football team in the world, may he long be in charge.

Now that's a big chip off my shoulder.

Keeping it toon,

SCT

1 hour ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

There's some background to this post, and I’ve delayed posting it until the new manager was appointed, and now this has happened I can post my thoughts (bottled up since Bruce went) on the recent goings on.

Some of the below may seem irrelevant but hopefully you will see where I’m going with it.

To begin with, when I was a kid, many years ago, as being in South Cheshire it was that you supported either your local team Crewe Alex (unknown of to me at the time) or you support Liverpool or Man Utd, well I was 8 years old. At school you were either a Liverpool Red or a Manchester Red, though I do remember seeing Garth Crooks (was then at Stoke) at our primary school for some reason, and so it was Liverpool for me.

Fast forward 15 years, Crewe (whom I 'found' and started to follow (had to “Alex on tour in 1994” t-shirt after we got promoted for the first time (at all))) were playing Liverpool in the, then 2-legged, league cup. We lost 5-1 at Anfield and are then losing 4-0 at home.

Picture the scene. it's the 88th min, 4-0 up, and the scouse twats (as they have become to be called) are holding the offside line about 2 metres from the halfway line.

I was livid, here's my hometown team getting beat, all you could do would be for us to have one 'bit' of madness and let us score but oh no.

So, I thought fuck them - the scouse twats. (we did actually score in the 90th minute- that fucked up their match bonuses).

OK, so I’m now short of a team to support in the top league, and after a look around (honestly, I did way up all of the options) it wasn't going to be Utd, nor city, none from the midlands. I needed a team that no matter what the score if they 'tried' and 'played with honesty' then that was good enough from me.

And up popped Newcastle, this was circa 1996-ish I think - and that was it I was hooked.

It wasn't until much later that I managed to get to some games, thanks in part to LFEE, to whom I’ll be always grateful in getting me a ticket or two.

Praise and Grumble

As I’ve said, I live in south Cheshire, and our local BBC station is Radio Stoke-on-Trent (SOT), as based in SOT there is a lot of bias to the main team Stoke, then Port Vale, then Crewe.

So, we were always on AM, the vale on DAB and Stoke on FM (seems they started with Stoke on DAB but there weren't enough clay heads with DAB radios, so they moved it back).

Even when Crewe were higher in the leagues (and still are, but only just) we are on AM.

Any way after the games on a Saturday have finished there's a 'praise and grumble' radio show, where people can phone in and give their '2 cents' worth. So, at after 6 or so game Stoke are in a good position, the father-in-law was listening one week and the wording was 'This Guy’s great' referring to Michael O’Neill, 'Give him a 20-year contract - we're going places with him'. So, all rosy in the Stoke Shitty camp.

Fast forward to a couple of games ago, the shitty are 3-0 up against Cardiff, and then proceed to concede 3 in the last 15 minutes to draw 3-3.

Well, there weren't much praising going on, reading between the line - 'Get rid of the fucker' 'he doesn't know what he's fucking doing'. My, how things can change.

F1

In the past I also followed F1, mainly when the BBC had it (not paying for Sky in a month of Sundays - fuck that right off). Anyway, in an interview once, Max Mosley said that he'd like to have the championship run as follows, and I’ll try to explain - basically - there would be 20 'teams' with 20 'drivers', and there would be 20 'rounds'. So, the idea was that each driver would drive at each round for a different team. that way the 'best of the best' would be the champion (in a similar why to how the card game bridge can be played).

Overrated Managers

Now looking at the recent hype regarding Favre, ten Hague, Conte, Jose M, Gerrard etc, prior to the appointment we all thought any one of them plus all of the others could be the next manager, but looking back on things, as it appeared that at that moment in time they were regarded as "good managers".

I would disagree.

Look at thing now I think none of them are good managers, they are managers of a calibre that can introduce something new to a team and get them to play better - but aren't or don't want to have the thought that if things go 'bad' then they could get 'egg on their faces' if the team they manage then gets relegated.

This doesn’t make them a good manager; it makes them become ‘money followers’ by way of saying ‘Look how good I am’.

With the recent sacking of Villa’s Smith, Gerrard has come to the front of the betting to be the next manager, now whether or not this happens, and whether or not Gerrard makes any ‘moves’ to deny or confirm this, but it shows that some of these so called ‘managers’ only will move to a team where there is not as great a chance of going down than others.

In reference to the F1 situation, all of these managers want the best car, best team and best driver and as soon as anything changes with this – bang – there out of there like sloppy shit on a shiny silver shovel.

It doesn’t always mean that if you have a team of the best then all the goods will come your way, just take a look at the goings on at Man Utd, god knows how much spent – and do they look like they are all working and moving in the right direction – to me – No, as there are too many ego’s to be hyped up, lived up to, and too many to mention. They’re all wankers anyway.

These are the types of people you don’t want as your manager – you want a manager that sticks with the task through thick and thin.

And with Eddie I think we've got a person who can see the best in people, get the best out of people, play attractive football and move this club in a direction it needs to go.

I'd only be happy for Eddie to be here in 5,6 or 7 years and, all being well, we're in some cup final - and the manager of the opposition is one of the above named and we rub it right in their faces - twat's the lot of them.

Not kicked a ball yet

As I mentioned the Stoke story, I think some of the so called 'fans' are expecting too much, too soon, and in all honesty, I think it will be hard for us to attract the really high calibre of player this soon into the new ownership, but I think we need to give Eddie time and come the end of the season what will be will be.

But to those 'fans' slagging Howe off before he's even got a single player to kick a ball, using the 'he sent Bournemouth down' ticket then you need to wake up and get a grasp on reality, and smell the roses as at present they are living in cloud cuckoo land, as it’s always the same - people only see the bad or the failings that other have done, not the good as in Bournemouth getting promoted from Division 1 to the Premiership - and then staying there for 5 years (or whatever it was).

You don't always need a team of 'great' players, too many egos to control, but if you get a good group of players all pulling in the right direction then great things can happen.

Here's a big hello to Eddie Howe - Manager of the greatest football team in the world, may he long be in charge.

Keeping it toon,

SCT

Any relation to HTT??

3 hours ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Praise and Grumble

F1

Overrated Managers

I would disagree.

Not kicked a ball yet

Keeping it toon,

SCT

Ok