Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle United (27/11/2021)

4 hours ago, TheGuv said:

We’re probably going to have to score at least 2 to get anything from them. 

Question is, can we keep them out? 

Fuck it.

1-2 win. Wilson and Schar goalscorers. 

Ask Eddie - How ? -  He has 5 days to get these lazy "defenders" playing better and then we'll  have a fighting chance.

9 hours ago, GWN said:

These are just better than us .

3-0 the misery goes on I’m afraid, won’t be watching as I’m away , massive effort needed .

Mike Ashley has gone. Misery is long gone as far as I am concerned.

In a perverse way, I can sort of enjoy the worry of relegation because it means I'm in love with my club again.

1 hour ago, Robster said:

Mike Ashley has gone. Misery is long gone as far as I am concerned.

In a perverse way, I can sort of enjoy the worry of relegation because it means I'm in love with my club again.

Yes fair comment, the misery has gone , I meant on the results, I don’t want us to go down really I don’t but I guess yes it’s hard to forget the rubbish in charge for years . We are back , whatever happens 

Great game to try something different as the balance is still not right with 5 at the back. I think Howe has played 4-2-3-1 before which I still think could be our best formation. We clearly need more protection in midfield but with the ability to get bodies in the box like yesterday. This would be my choice, where still conceding with the back 3 so can’t see it’s going to be any worse with a 4. Proper full backs and a defensive midfielder in there hopefully compensate for the 3rd Centre Half.

Dubravka 

Manquillo-Lascelles-Fernandez-Lewis

Hayden-Shelvey

Joelinton-Almiron-St Max

Wilson

Edited by Whitley mag

I'd bring Hayden in for Willock, Dubravka in for Darlow and Manquillo in for Murphy. Ritchie is poor defensively but I thought when we were in possession he was good. Toss up between him and Lewis tbh but I'm unsure whether to bring Lewis in for this.

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Great game to try something different as the balance is still not right with 5 at the back. I think Howe has played 4-2-3-1 before which I still think could be our best formation. We clearly need more protection in midfield but with the ability to get bodies in the box like yesterday. This would be my choice, where still conceding with the back 3 so can’t see it’s going to be any worse with a 4. Proper full backs and a defensive midfielder in there hopefully compensate for the 3rd Centre Half.

Dubravka 

Manquillo-Lascelles-Fernandez-Lewis

Hayden-Shelvey

Joelinton-Almiron-St Max

Wilson

I don’t think we can persist with three at the back with Ritchie and Murphy wide, but I don’t know if Eddie can bring in a formation change via Zoom. 

I’d be hoping that, if we continue with three at the back against Arsenal, someone works closely with Manquillo and Lewis to bring them up to speed with Eddie’s Way.

8 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Something must be amiss with Fernandez like for him not to be getting picked by Bruce, Jones or Howe. Weird like as he doesn't strike me as the sort of fella to kick up a fuss or throw a strop or not train properly.

I was thinking the same with Manquillo. He's nothing flash, but he's a huge improvement over Ritchie.

On 20/11/2021 at 19:46, HaydnNUFC said:

Arsenal have a stinker in them, it just never happens against us. Its getting to the stage where we're going to need a result from either this or those games in mid-late December.

Was thinking this yesterday; when was the last time a team had a real off-day against us?

30 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I was thinking the same with Manquillo. He's nothing flash, but he's a huge improvement over Ritchie.

Ritchie is a massive liability, but Manquillo has been fucking pony every time he's played on the left.

The only reason I can think of to play Murphy ahead of Manquillo is that Murphy can sort of sometimes hit a decent set piece, and has a marginally better cross. I don't agree (at all, actually - I think Manquillo would solve a lot of problems if he replaced Murphy) but I'm not the one making the big bucks...