The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, TomYam said:

Truth is we'll be big favourites to be relegated if we lose to Brentford. Crucial match. We need to accumulate points while there's so much posiitivity as we have a very difficult final quarter.

HYPERBOLE!

34 minutes ago, TomYam said:

Truth is we'll be big favourites to be relegated if we lose to Brentford. Crucial match. We need to accumulate points while there's so much posiitivity as we have a very difficult final quarter.

:dowie:

:cheesy:  We're reaching that point in the season when a mini run of good or bad results can lead to unremitting joy or misery. Fans of all those threatened clubs will be going through those motions.

We're just a couple of injuries away from running out of competent players and (obviously)we need to get those points on the board while our tail is up. The cat is among the pigeons. 

1 hour ago, TomYam said:

and one where we can still get surprise results :indi:

15 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

To be honest, the prospect of actually getting relegated is barely more sickening than the prospect of the Burnley game being a relegation playoff. Can you imagine that week?

With Tripps and Calum back in the side: BRING IT ON!!

I get the importance of not flapping and remaining positive but not sure how some are so unmoved by Burnley winning two (on paper) challenging games in a row. It clearly isn’t good for us. 

I’m still around a 5 it could go either way. If we beat Brentford this weekend and potentially pull Leeds and Brentford into the mix I’d be far more confident. Brentford aren’t as shit as their result have suggested mind. 

15 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I get the importance of not flapping and remaining positive but not sure how some are so unmoved by Burnley winning two (on paper) challenging games in a row. It clearly isn’t good for us. 

I’m still around a 5 it could go either way. If we beat Brentford this weekend and potentially pull Leeds and Brentford into the mix I’d be far more confident. Brentford aren’t as shit as their result have suggested mind. 

If being three and four points above the relegation zone, having played more games isn't in the mix, then I'm not sure what is.

27 minutes ago, St1pe said:

because compared to 5 weeks ago, we are in a much better place.  People on here are conditioned that NUFC will fail, all other teams will succeed.   Just the years of Ashley that has conditioned us this way.   In actuality, we're 6th in the form table so plenty to be optimistic about.

Edited by Awaymag

NUFC fans way of thinking is like me when I pack my bags to work away.

I may only be away 4/5 nights, but you better believe I've packed 6+ pairs of kegs incase I literally shit my duds every night of that week.

We will always fail and everyone will always succeed, this is the way.

We’re in class form and are improving all the time, I’m not sure what else there is to think about.

Burnley might collect enough points to stay up or they might not, but as long as we keep going we shouldn’t need to worry about that. 

Of course it’s nervous but we’re doing everything we can. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We’re in class form and are improving all the time, I’m not sure what else there is to think about.

Burnley might collect enough points to stay up or they might not, but as long as we keep going we shouldn’t need to worry about that. 

Of course it’s nervous but we’re doing everything we can. 

Exactly, we are doing what we need to do.

Everyone else might start picking results up, but we've gave ourselves as good a boost as we could've hoped for.

I was resigned to relegation, now I feel we have a good shout.

6 hours ago, jackyboy said:

Burnley result was no surprise. They look like relegation candidates every year but always manage to wriggle away from the bottom. Dyke is the master at getting something from nothing

It’s ugly but a clear game-plan and very solid defensive setup will- more often than not- see you to safety.

12 minutes ago, McCormick said:

It’s ugly but a clear game-plan and very solid defensive setup will- more often than not- see you to safety.

It'd just take an injury or two involving Mee, Tarkowsky or Weghorst and Burnley would fall back. 

Burnley are like us under Rafa pre Rondon, Perez and Almiron up top together and although their football is ugly, tactically they are very well set up and Dyche has done a great job there. If anyone of the teams in danger, including us, are to stay up, it will be them.

Edited by HTT II

I think it's everyone from Brentford down that are worried. A look at each of them;

Brentford - Only won 3 out of the last 19, taken 12 points from the last 57. All of those 3 wins were 1 goal wins at home. Last 7 games were difficult fixtures though and they have Toney to come back and Eriksen to get fit. They play us, Norwich and Burnley in their next 3.

Leeds - Taken 13 points from last 45. Squad is stretched, Phillips and Bamford both injured has hugely affected them as did a lack of January business. A bad yardstick to use but a fair few Leeds fans online are seriously questioning both Bielsa and their chairman. They are quite unpredictable though given the way they play.

Everton - If the season started from Howe's appointment here, they'd be bottom (I think). They seem to crumble away from home but I think, in spite of their tough fixtures, they'll get the points they need at home. Good players on paper but seriously weak mentality in them imo.

Newcastle - Us and Liverpool are the only 2 unbeaten sides in 2022 in the league. In form but we have a few injuries. I think we'll be safe if we can beat Brentford and Brighton in our next two; we'd be on 28 points and I think ~35 will keep you up this season and I'd expect us to get the ~7 points we need in our remaining games, certainly at home. Plus we still have Everton, Norwich and Burnley to play again, albeit away. 

Burnley - Back to back wins and they haven't really been losing games, only lost 9 times this season and they have the 7th best defence in the league. I think if we can beat Brentford it'll be one of Leeds, Brentford and Everton that drop due to the momentum us and Burnley will have, provided Burnley carry on this form.

Watford & Norwich - Going to include these together as I think they'll go down. TBH I can't see them getting to 30 points, I thought that game last night was one Watford would probably win, they lost 1-4. Norwich are all round just pretty poor.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

We just need to carry on doing what we've been doing for the last month or so and it'll be fine. Very simplistic I know but if we continue to play well, graft like fuck and take out chances we'll pass more teams than enough. If Burnley manage to keep winning then so be it too, just need to stay in our own lane and let others get on with their games. 

10 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

So many posts based on if we beat Brentford.

I know we're at opposite ends of the form table but it would hardly be a shock if we lose.

Just trying to stay positive fella.

If we lose we lose. The job is still not insurmountable, just harder.

I still think they're in the shit but from their perspective they can cling to the fact they've got an identity and system they're used to, and they've made improvements in the January window. I still think they'll struggle to score goals