The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Although I believe we are safe because we’ll get results in next 3 games but if I was Everton I’d be worried…Shite as they may be Burnley have winnable games in 3 of the next 4….WHU next Sunday when West Ham are involved in a very important match Thursday, Southampton at home, and the saints are even worse than Burnley atm, and Watford away, when Watford seem-ably haven’t  won at home all season. 7 points out of that lot and Everton could be in bottom 3 by end of April.

3 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Why are people saying Burnley are relegated now? They have ridiculously easy fixtures. They won’t catch us but I can still definitely see them catching Everton considering Everton has some hard fixtures. 

Easy and easy i don't know. They play West Ham, Watford, Spurs away. Southampton, Villa, Wolves, us at home. All teams here can beat Burnley if they are on it.

6 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Personally I think Burnley are too ineffective and Everton will do just enough in their home games I think. Hope I’m wrong.

That’s fair enough and likely right but I think there will be a few twists in the tale yet. 

Edited by Jesse Pinkman

Just now, 54 said:

Burnley have won 4 games in 30, it was mental that people were thinking they'd all of a sudden get 15 point from 9 games, the Norwich result being case and point :lol:

Think we'll be mathematically safe in 4 games time.

Obviously slightly different circumstances given we had Bruce at the start, and then solid investment in January, but you'll know first hand that we literally went from 1 win in 20 (22 inc the cups) only taking 12 points, to then winning 6 of the next 7 out of nowhere, so it can be done, even if very, very unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

That’s fair enough and likely right but I think there will be a few twists in the tale yet. 

I don't think the twists will involve us though. We'll get a couple more points to make us uncatchable. It's a fight between Burnley and Everton now.

Hopefully PSV and Leicester have a proper ding-dong, a few knocks and niggles, extra time and a delayed flight home. We win next Sunday and the teams below us have to start winning more games in 7 or 8 than they have in the previous 31. Similarly Palace and Chelsea batter and battle each other in the FA Cup semi on Sunday, meaning Palace are hanging for Wednesday and we do them. 40 points, done, dusted, which seemed scarcely believable when we had 7 points after 14 games.

19 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Why are people saying Burnley are relegated now? They have ridiculously easy fixtures. They won’t catch us but I can still definitely see them catching Everton considering Everton has some hard fixtures. 

Yeah, they are not down yet, but they are getting close. Everton are catchable for them, but we should be too far away now, especially if we get a few more points onboard.

25 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

It doesn't get much easier than Norwich. There's a reason they have four wins all season.

I can't believe that there are rationale people out there who just watched Burnley lose and fail to score at Norwich and are thinking "aye this lot could win half of their remaining games" whilst having watched our game on Friday and have thought "we might not win another game all season".

It's mental.

Edited by The Prophet

I could see Burnley winning half their games, quite easily. I can also see us winning a couple more though.

Mind, if Burnley do flush this is the last time you see them in the top flight. Their new owners don't seem up to the job (passed through in 6 days though by the PL) and they'll go the way of Blackburn and the Venkys.

40 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I still think there's an outside chance Burnley could get to 36 points, so not quite safe yet. Just need to get 3 points from our remaining games.

They have won 4 games all season and just been beaten by a team who are bottom and not won for 7 games. There has been no sign whatsoever that they will get to our points total now, never mind beyond that.

Just now, et tu brute said:

They have won 4 games all season and just been beaten by a team who are bottom and not won for 7 games. There has been no sign whatsoever that they will get to our points total now, never mind beyond that.

It’s happened plenty of times. Wigan, Fulham, Leicester, Sunderland…

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not sure what a winnable game is for Burnley, they score almost no goals. 

On 09/02/2022 at 13:10, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Main thing I’m worried about is Burnley’s attack now. Weghorst, Cornet, Rodriguez is more goal threat than we’ve got. 

But maybe both teams will end up staying up if someone like Everton or Brentford really implodes. 

:iamatwat:

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Put money on them staying up then. They won't get to 34 points though. 30-32 is what they will get at a push.

I don’t think they will. Just saying there’s instances where a club has come from nowhere to win something daft like 5 in 8 and stayed up. 

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don’t think they will. Just saying there’s instances where a club has come from nowhere to win something daft like 5 in 8 and stayed up. 

When there was ten games to go I checked and only two teams had done a "great escape". That was Leicester and Wigan. Neither caught a team that was on 30+ points at the same stage either.