The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

We could be above Brighton and Southampton after the next 2-3 games with their fixtures. And there was all that hype about Potter earlier in the season. 

No sweat, it's looking like there's a lot more than 3 worse teams than us and we gave them all an 11 game head start! 2 to 4 points in the next 3 and the job is done

11 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Home form has been excellent recently. 12 points from Everton, Villa, Brighton, Wolves, with 2 conceded is exactly what we needed at this stage of season.

Very good under normal circumstances but given the position we were in, it's outstanding :thup:

Even our remaining fixtures look kind. They mentioned on commentary last night that we've quite a tough run in yet the only games I'm happy to write off is the Liverpool/Man City/Arsenal triple header.

Everyone else I believe in the team to get something from if they play like we know they can and it feels so good to be able to say that. 

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

Even our remaining fixtures look kind. They mentioned on commentary last night that we've quite a tough run in yet the only games I'm happy to write off is the Liverpool/Man City/Arsenal triple header.

Everyone else I believe in the team to get something from if they play like we know they can and it feels so good to be able to say that. 

I agree with the sentiment but those written-off games are just shy of half of our remaining games TBF :lol:

What’s interesting about the Everton stuff is that, really, as somebody without Twitter, I’m largely unaware of this supposed animosity towards us. I like Rafa but I can’t truthfully say I felt wounded on his behalf and honestly I could see why their fans didn’t want him the first place. I have always found them largely inoffensive as a fan base and like Goodson Park. And yet I am desperate for them to go down. Lampard is a cunt but the main reason is just how funny it would be.

Basically I am the rest of the country, it’s 2009, they are Newcastle United. I am a massive hypocrite and I simply do not care. 

Edited by Hovagod

9 minutes ago, wormy said:

Don't think Arsenal is a write off either.

4 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

What’s interesting about the Everton stuff is that, really, as somebody without Twitter, I’m largely unaware of this supposed animosity towards us. I like Rafa but I can’t truthfully say I felt wounded on his behalf and honestly I could see why their fans didn’t want him the first place. I have always found them largely inoffensive as a fan base and like Goodson Park. And yet I am desperate for them to go down. Lampard is a cunt but the main reason is just how fucking funny it would be.

Basically I am the rest of the country, it’s 2009, they are Newcastle United. I am a massive fucking hypocrite and I simply do not care. 

We 100% would go full Aston Villa if we were playing Everton on the final day too. Villa got massively criticised by our fans, but we’d do exactly the same.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

We 100% would go full Aston Villa if we were playing Everton on the final day too. Villa got massively criticised by our fans, but we’d do exactly the same.

Yeah, exactly. Have to think my years of righteous indignation was slightly childish looking back, to be honest

If Everton lose today, Burnley have such great motivation to go to Norwich tomorrow and win - they’d be properly fucked if this happens and will have a big struggle to keep their heads above water 

Down to a 1 only because it is theoretically not impossible.

I wouldn't want to write off any of our remaining games. Loads of unexpected results happen towards the end of the season and even the Steves took a couple of points off Liverpool last season.

The best thing about last night's win is no longer just wanting the current bottom three to lose so that it's over and done with as quickly as possible.

I'd love the last day of the season against Burnley to end up like Austria/Germany in the 82 World Cup, with Burnley needing a point to stay up and to send Everton down and both teams passing the ball back and forwards over the half way line for 90 minutes.

Edited by LeeB