The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, Alan Pardew said:

Leicester:

Premier League champions

FA Cup winners

Plymouth away

I wonder if there will be an exodus of their players.

Another feather in the cap of Dyche as a manager. Remains to be seen how he gets on next season but if he can steer Everton to a Palace-style 'no threat of going down but not threatening the European spots' 11-14th season whilst starting to sort out their squad it'd be just what the doctor ordered.

What position were Leeds in when fat sham took over? I seem to recall they were out of the bottom three.

Just all I'm hearing from pundits and twitter is that he didn't have enough time to turn it around!

... isn't that what he's supposed to be good at?

1 minute ago, bigfella said:

What position were Leeds in when fat sham took over? I seem to recall they were out of the bottom three.

Just all I'm hearing from pundits and twitter is that he didn't have enough time to turn it around!

... isn't that what he's supposed to be good at?

f4d074452db00e234a2ffc15d920abc1.png

3 hours ago, Caleb70 said:

I wonder if there will be an exodus of their players.

I think this will be what helps them get back up first time tbh. If they're clever they could copy us. Maddison and Barnes will bring in about £80m. If they spent £30-40m and got the best of the PL loans they'll smash it. 

10 minutes ago, FinnMag said:

Leicester finances are morbid. Massive debts with relegation. They will sunk similarly as Sunderland did years ago?

I thought the owners had written the debt off?

Edit:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12800602/leicester-citys-194m-debt-written-off-by-king-power-shows-commitment-after-criticism

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I thought the owners had written the debt off?

From BBC:

The main issue they face is a loan agreed with Australian bank Macquarie for advanced payments on player amortisation and broadcasting revenue.

That is set against TV money so it is quite feasible the club will not see any of the 'parachute payments' as they will be allocated towards paying the quarterly interest on the loan, which stood at £19m last year.

Leicester's total borrowings stand at £344m, but much of that is related to the owners, who wrote off £194m earlier this season,

12 minutes ago, FinnMag said:

From BBC:

They'll sell another 2-3 on top of Barnes and Maddison like. They probably need to do what we did and gamble on getting up first time. People like Daka, Castagne, Pereira, Dewsbury-Hall would probably get £100m plus between them at least. Grab themselves a 20 plus goal Championship striker and they'll smash it. 

5 hours ago, Pilko said:

Another feather in the cap of Dyche as a manager. Remains to be seen how he gets on next season but if he can steer Everton to a Palace-style 'no threat of going down but not threatening the European spots' 11-14th season whilst starting to sort out their squad it'd be just what the doctor ordered.

You think Evertonians will be happy with Dyche style Football? They’re going to be hounding him out by October if they don’t improve. I can also see the scenario you described happening as well.

3 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Very likely Everton get a points deduction for their FFP breach next season mind

They haven't even been charged have they like man city?  No way  will man city come out of this unscathed mind 

Everton I guess will now go fully Dyche and hope to stay up for a couple of years with limited spend until the new stadium opens and the finances settle

It might work, it’s maybe the only approach that could work for them

4 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Everton I guess will now go fully Dyche and hope to stay up for a couple of years with limited spend until the new stadium opens and the finances settle

It might work, it’s maybe the only approach that could work for them

It's worked since the Premier league started so why not. Shit ITK from someone who knows Pickfords brother but apparently he's off to Spurs.