The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

On 14/05/2023 at 18:19, Danh1 said:

I must admit I thought appointing him sealed their relegation but he’s done a class job. 

@WillDanceForChocolate Congratulations, will be interesting to see what your new owner intends to do this summer. 

Thanks! He's committed to continuing the infrastructure developments and trying to get the next stage of the new stadium project underway which will be brilliant. Obviously it will take years to complete but things are really moving on it again. We've turned away a generation of fans with no tickets available for the last nine years so to make room for them will be good for the future prospects of the club. I expect we'll see some players coming in but not sure it will be that noticeable when put against the budgets of the other teams in the league.

Still not convinced on O'Neil although there have been some improvements. Time will tell I guess. I am looking forward to next season already though. I hate not having football to watch during the summer!

12 hours ago, black_n_white said:

Don’t really see Leicester scoring right now let alone winning a game of football

They actually score in a lot of their games. It’s their defense that’s let them down this season. 

14 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I have a suspicion that Everton will only manage a draw against Bournemouth, it then comes down to can 1 of either Leeds or Leicester win?

Can’t see Leeds beating Spurs by 3 like.

If you're Bournemouth, who do you think would be most likely to be a relegation rival out of Everton and Leicester? Might play into how they approach the game. If they think Leicester will be more likely to struggle most, they might have an extra edge to send Everton down this season. If they think Everton would be worse out of the two, they mightn't be that bothered about seeing them stay up. 

On 23/05/2023 at 11:36, Stifler said:

I have a suspicion that Everton will only manage a draw against Bournemouth, it then comes down to can 1 of either Leeds or Leicester win?

Pts / GD

Eve  33  -24

Lei   31   -18

Lee  31   -27

If Everton win - the others down - no matter the results.

If Everton lose or draw, then Leicester only have to win - goal difference in their favour. - wouldn't matter what Leeds did (hypothetically - if Leeds won by 11 more goals than Leicester scored then Leeds would stay up).

Leeds on the other hand is a different - so Everton lose 1-0, then Leeds need to win by 3 clear goals to be certain - or 2 and their goals scored (74) is better than Eve (57).

If Everton lose by more then Leeds have to win by less. And then Leicester would have to draw or lose as well.

I'd prefer Everton to stay up this season, and next - so we get a visit to their new ground in 24/25 season.

Coral odds are - to stay up - Everton - 2/9, Lei - 4/1 and Leeds 10/1.

Very rarely are there final day changes. You can’t help but feel it’s going to be the same again. There is possibly more of a chance of the Europa Conference League place being more entertaining.

Edited by Stifler

Bournemouth been on the beach since their PL survival has been confirmed, in fact they've lost their last 3.

As much as i'd like to see Everton relegated they'll win on Sunday i reckon. 

Edited by Phil

It doesn’t make a difference if Everton stay up this season as they will go next season, after the points deduction they will get for obliterating FFP

Edited by nufcnick

7 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

It doesn’t make a difference if Everton stay up this season as they will go next season, after the points deduction they will get for obliterating FFP

But if their buyout hoes through wouldn't that wipe out their debt Chelsea style ?

7 minutes ago, madras said:

But if their buyout hoes through wouldn't that wipe out their debt Chelsea style ?

Doesn’t make a difference as the club still obliterated FFP in the preceding years

Everton beat Bournemouth imo. How they beat Arsenal and Brighton is beyond me. Plus a ridiculous late screamer from Keane against Spurs and Wolves gifting a goal in the 109th minute.

They’ll just not go away. Go way back to that game against Wimbledon all those years ago.

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Everton beat Bournemouth imo. How they beat Arsenal and Brighton is beyond me. Plus a ridiculous late screamer from Keane against Spurs and Wolves gifting a goal in the 109th minute.

They’ll just not go away. Go way back to that game against Wimbledon all those years ago.

wasn’t there a sniff of dodgy keeping in that game?

Aye Everton going down would be delightful. I just cannot see them not beating Bournemouth sadly in front of their intimidating home crowd, when AFCB have downed tools.

Would be devastated in a way as I’m at a wedding do tonight so would miss their meltdown on the Twitter space.

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Aye Everton going down would be delightful. I just cannot see them not beating Bournemouth sadly in front of their intimidating home crowd, when AFCB have downed tools.

Would be devastated in a way as I’m at a wedding do tonight so would miss their meltdown on the Twitter space.

You would think so, but Mainz had seemingly downed tools (lost four on the bounce) going to a rabid Dortmund stadium , and look what happened.