The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Not clicking that link to that tory shite but I'm assuming this relates their bullshit, obscene, ridiculously large 'covid' losses that were used to hide their reckless spending on utter wank? 

11 minutes ago, midds said:

Not clicking that link to that tory shite but I'm assuming this relates their bullshit, obscene, ridiculously large 'covid' losses that were used to hide their reckless spending on utter wank? 

Part of it - I think they announced a 3 year loss of £330m when only £105m is permitted - Covid made up £95m of the £330m losses - I'm sure we accounted for £18m or something - cheating bastards!

Didn't Hartlepool get deducted points for playing a player that had registered an hour too late or something about 10years back?

Nowt will happen with Everton most likely. The suspense is no good because nobody knows where they stand or what the punishments are or if they're even a deterrent.

7 minutes ago, Paully said:

Part of it - I think they announced a 3 year loss of £330m when only £105m is permitted - Covid made up £95m of the £330m losses - I'm sure we accounted for £18m or something - cheating bastards!

I thought the premier league relaxed the rules because of COVID and that's the only thing that saved them from FFP losses

10 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

I thought the premier league relaxed the rules because of COVID and that's the only thing that saved them from FFP losses

That was last year, IIRC the PL allowed the 2 years to be rolled into 1 

2 wins for Leeds and Everton are down.

West Ham are now safe ahead of their game with them tomorrow. I wonder if they will play a weakened team after playing on Thursday and not wanting to risk any injuries for the final.

I'm conflicted on this one, I would normally want Leeds to stay up out of the two, but the thought of Allardyce grandstanding if they do makes me feel slightly pukey. The upside is there's no losers here, either he goes down or Everton do.

5 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Huh that point has saved the Scouse cunts 

Well as long as we don’t put seven or more past Leicester than they could catch Everton on the final day as have a better goal difference. Everton beating Bournemouth isn’t a given. 

1 hour ago, astraguy said:

Huh that point has saved the Scouse cunts 

How?

If Leeds win both their remaining games, Everton are down no matter what.

Leeds play a West Ham team who are now safe and will likely rest a load of players ahead of their cup final. They are then at home on the final day of the season against a Spurs side who have given up.

On top of that, even if we do beat Leicester, their goal difference will likely still be better than Everton’s going into the final day. Leicester also play the West Ham team who will likely be half arsing it. That means if Bournemouth did beat Everton, and Leicester beat West Ham, then Everton are down.

I fucking hate Leeds.  Horrible club, horrible city, horrible fans.  Fuck them.  I also can't stand hippo head Allardyce, wine guzzling pie muncher who thinks the sun shines out of his copious arse.

It says a lot about the scouse mackems that I'm rooting for Leeds and Allardyce to win their last two games :lol:

I love the city of Leeds, it's one of my favourites in the UK, so that kind of does have a bit of an impact on my view of the club, but aye, them appointing Allardyce did kind of change my view. That said, Leicester realistically won't survive unless they beat us, and I obviously don't want them to do that (they can still stay up if they lost to us, but it's very unlikely), so from that perspective, in terms of my preference it's between Everton and Leeds, and I'd defo want the latter to stay up in that situation, even if if means more Big Sam Hulk Hogan style celebrations :lol:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, all my preferences for end of season winnings/positioning are being sacrificed for Champions League for us.

If the football gods are smiling on us with Champions League, and asking what else we’d like, then Everton down.

Luton up, Sheff Wed up, Carlisle up, Gateshead win today, Man City, and West Ham in the European double.

On 17/05/2023 at 08:37, Ronson333 said:

But why Southampton? Because their season could've looked different if Everton was in trouble? Southampton are miles away from staying up..

Edited by Erikse

Feel bad for my mate I work with. Leeds supporter and I had really hoped they could scrape though but it doesn't look that way. Watched the game, they didn't play that well.

7 hours ago, Erikse said:

But why Southampton? Because their season could've looked different if Everton was in trouble? Southampton are miles away from staying up..

Good. Hope they go for it. They've got away with murder in FFP terms, Everton