Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United (16/12/2021)

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Individual errors are fucking killing us and have been all season. Players just aren't good enough, and that isn't Howe's fault.

Not difficult to understand why we might be willing to pay plenty of money for a fairly basic but solid CB like Tarkowski after all. 

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Dean should have stopped play, he could see Hayden holding his head (no idea if he was hurt), we are terrified in and out of possession and will lose regardless. Dean can’t let play continue just because Liverpool are in good possession when it’s a head injury.

This is my gripe with it.  If he'd seen it perfectly clear and ignored it, then fine (i guess?) ... but as plenty have alluded to, 'it wasn't that clear'.

4 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

ASM is incredibly tedious in games like this.

I really don’t see it this way. We have 10 players who are there solely to defend, he absolutely should be saving energy for the few bursts forward in a game like this.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm not going to criticise Shelvey because he's been largely our best player since Eddie came in and he was trying to retain possession, which is at least admirable.

He hit a great shot but has been nowhere near the play otherwise. 

8 minutes ago, STM said:

It's clear our manager isn't a defensive manager. Rightly or wrongly we are leaving gaps in between defence and midfield.

I admire the positive thinking but we are going to conceded bundles.

In terms of individuals, I think Hayden had fought more than Willock has in previous games and ASM is doing my nut. He's class but fucking pass the ball daft cunt.

I'm sick of asm moaning yeah you are one of the better players in the team but if he was that good he'd have the best teams chasing him which says it all