Crypto/NFT/Fan Tokens in Football

GeordieDazzler

On 25/01/2022 at 12:27, ManDoon said:

I see it pretty much as a Ponzi scheme. Hence the likes of JT doing it. Bored Ape Club is the single worst thing thats come of our society imo. Horrific elitist bullshit, Nathan Barley but not funny 

Whole thing is nuts. No doubt greedy bastard ‘celebrities’ are filling their boots in the same way as they did with promoting crypto.

9 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Do they really need more money lol, ugh it’s grim stuff 

It’s pure greed, but that’s the society which has been created sadly. The more you hoard the more celebrated you are. 

Just ignore the homeless and the downtrodden though. 

• 3 weeks later...

“We don’t just want a CEO that has been at another Premier League club and is going to say, “OK, this is what you do and what I’ll continue to do’,” Staveley says. “We want someone who is going to really challenge the status quo and look at the business from different angles. We think the Premier League will change. It has to. It has done an incredible job in terms of attracting sponsorship but we’re moving into a new digital area of NFTs and different commerces which give clubs massive opportunities for revenue."

:anguish:. Modern football is already bad enough without this nonsense. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/02/2022 at 12:48, Smal said:

“We don’t just want a CEO that has been at another Premier League club and is going to say, “OK, this is what you do and what I’ll continue to do’,” Staveley says. “We want someone who is going to really challenge the status quo and look at the business from different angles. We think the Premier League will change. It has to. It has done an incredible job in terms of attracting sponsorship but we’re moving into a new digital area of NFTs and different commerces which give clubs massive opportunities for revenue."

:anguish:. Modern football is already bad enough without this nonsense. 

Ugh. Hadn't seen these quotes before. Let's not go down this route for the love of God.

On 25/01/2022 at 21:01, GeordieDazzler said:

Giving back to football :lol:

This annoys me to no end. Like John Terry played in the Premier League for twenty years, surely he has made enough money without needing to stoop so low as to shill some absolute garbage monkey pictures (down ~70% since this twitter post) to his own fans on his personal twitter space. Don't you feel any shame, gulling people who look up to you into losing money.

Zero respect for him and fuck celebrities' pulling this shit on the very people who made them and they would be nothing without.

Edited by Ridman