Newcastle United 1 - 1 Manchester United (27/12/2021)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

On the replay Cavani scuffed it off the side of his foot and that’s the only reason it went in. We had numbers back, doing the right things and it was just unlucky. Proper shit FIFA goal, the type that makes you hoy your controller out the window

I noticed that too, it was an absolute whiffed shot that clipped the outside of his right boot and took a deflection on its way through, complete spawny goal and undeserved

Just now, CPL said:

Weren't we all thinking this pre-howe.

Absolutely, everyone thought he was shite.  He's improved since Howe consistently.  I think everyone probably now thinks he's a better player than they ever realised before after tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Not really. Apart from ASM's horror miss did you have any clear cut chances? Felt like the majority of shots were very comfortable for De Gea. Cavani had two clear cut from 12 yards and another from 18 yards when there was no keeper in nets. 

Jacob Murphy isn't expected to curl one in and neither is Almiron from outside the box. :lol:

Saying that, not the biggest fan of xG myself. 

We actually had chances, at least. Does Cavani’s first shot count on top of the goal? Do dangerous crosses along the 6 yard box count? 

I don’t massively follow every aspect of it and all the criteria. But seems odd that ours would be lower based on watching it with my own eyes. But I suppose you did have a lot more of the ball. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Not really. Apart from ASM's horror miss did you have any clear cut chances? Felt like the majority of shots were very comfortable for De Gea. Cavani had two clear cut from 12 yards and another from 18 yards when there was no keeper in nets. 

Jacob Murphy isn't expected to curl one in and neither is Almiron from outside the box. :lol:

Saying that, not the biggest fan of xG myself. 

xG doesn't take into account who it is. 

Your lot had the Rashford long range effort, which should have been beaten or equalled by Shelveys shot, and the three Cavani chances. ASMs chance is pretty much a goal plus we have one off the post, one more incredible save from de Gea.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Signing Ronaldo has ruined Man utd.

They were as poor as I’ve seen them in many a year since Fergie left. Moyes levels and worse.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Signing Ronaldo has ruined Man utd.

It absolutely has not Neesy. :lol: The team is filthy to the core at the minute. Huge chances needed but Ronaldo isn't the issue at all. He was one of our only players pressing well tonight. 

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

I noticed that too, it was an absolute whiffed shot that clipped the outside of his right boot and took a deflection on its way through, complete spawny goal and undeserved

Aye, no commentators ect seemed to notice.  He definitely didnt mean the ball to go in that direction. Total misshit. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

They were very good before they did mind

They were still much better than they are showing.  The balance to them is all wrong.

Just now, Froggy said:

It absolutely has not Neesy. :lol: The team is filthy to the core at the minute. Huge chances needed but Ronaldo isn't the issue at all. He was one of our only players pressing well tonight. 

He was fucking shite tonight like. Been a decent signing for them though, but I'm not sure if he and Bruno can play together. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

The was just signing him instead of a couple of class CMs.

That said, I can see why him winning the league with Man City would be something they couldn’t allow. 

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

xG doesn't take into account who it is. 

Your lot had the Rashford long range effort, which should have been beaten or equalled by Shelveys shot, and the three Cavani chances. ASMs chance is pretty much a goal plus we have one off the post, one more incredible save from de Gea.

Hitting the post is just a shot off target. ASM had the best chance, but we had the next two or three best chances. 

Load of shite anyway. 

The more I see that Cavani goal the more Lascelles annoys me throughout it.  Stands off and loses him for the first shot, then megged for the second.  Really want him to turn it around, but really isn't putting a shift in this season.

Edited by Chrisjraby