Newcastle United 1 - 1 Manchester United (27/12/2021)

Yorkie

Guest neesy111
Just now, Heron said:

I don't care how bitter this sounds either. I could take Wilson being offside, but funny how the soft pen wasn't given for us tonight with another tackle on Fraser. A handball that didn't even get a second look. We got no rub of the green again. Fucking pisses me right off. 

Both weren't pens.  One of them wasn't even in the box.  :lol:

Jesus Christ. I can't even remember the last time I felt that. On my feet at home, screaming at the TV every couple of minutes.

They left everything out there on the pitch tonight and it feels amazing to be proud of my team again, and feel disappointment at drawing against Man Utd.

Need another 19 games like that and we'll have a decent chance of staying up. A lot hinges on the injuries to Wilson and ASM but we need those bodies through the door Jan 1st and available immediately. For the first time in ages I thought we didn't look like a relegation team, maximum effort goes a hell of a long way and they gave their all tonight and could/should have won it, they impressed me tonight, especially J7

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Not just that, but also considering many managers would have made their team sat back to protect the point. Gotta credit Howe for this performance. Fitness and application levels much improved.

The difference in fitness is clearly there to see.

Edited by neesy111

Let's ride this wave what will be will be but our club is united again and that enough for me fuck my life I haven't felt like this in years let's fuckin do the impossible. Crowd sounded amazing and I'm sure we will be striking fear into the clubs around us now. My mates a Leeds fan he's been messaging me tonight saying he's shitting it as we have so much potential over the next 4 to 5 weeks

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

Both weren't pens.  One of them wasn't even in the box.  :lol:

The hand ball wasn't a pen, but why thr fuck wasn't it reviewed. The Fraser one wasn't a pen, but nor was the Maddison one. We haven't got any of those... 

3 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Joelinton. Take a bow. Cannot believe it. 

He is setting the tone for this high energy type of play. Think others are starting to come along now too.

Shelvey played 90 mins and was quality throughout I thought. Never looked off the pace, which is unbelievable.

Fraser was very good too. Krafth had probably his best game for the club tonight. And even saw glimpses of Longstaff beginning to find some form. 

Very, very encouraging signs.

Just now, Heron said:

The hand ball wasn't a pen, but why thr fuck wasn't it reviewed. The Fraser one wasn't a pen, but nor was the Maddison one. We haven't got any of those... 

Ridiculous how the hand ball wasn't a free kick like. 

Fraser is never a penalty, but as I said earlier, Ronaldo gets that. 

We had tails up and were the better team throughout, then the goal came around the same time we had started looking tired in midfield, the pressing had stopped and they got a few cheap chances off the cross field ball. Really disappointing how it happened.

But, the way we got back into it and could have won it was what you want to see.

Joelinton immense again. Never thought I’d say this but actually looks a 40 million midfielder. Also thought Fraser was good before he blew a gasket.

Can’t fault that effort.

7 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Watford obliterated this lot. I take very little from the game other than the players are putting the effort in. We’re down without 3 automatic starters. 

That was a shambolic Man Utd, mind. And we genuinely had a chance to be 4-1 up there but the small detail at the important time meant we werent able to convert. Still agree we need at least 3 automatic starters in January, though. Far too much to claw back without them.