Newcastle United 1 - 1 Manchester United (27/12/2021)

Yorkie

Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere, but according to all the hospitality staff tonight (I have two friends who work on the hospitality team), Tom Holland and Zendaya were at the match as guest of Amanda Stavely tonight. In the Chairman’s suite. There was loads of security around them. Not sure if they watched from behind glass or not.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere, but according to all the hospitality staff tonight (I have two friends who work on the hospitality team), Tom Holland and Zendaya were at the match as guest of Amanda Stavely tonight. In the Chairman’s suite. There was loads of security around them. Not sure if they watched from behind glass or not.

I showed Zendaya that she was in Newcastles Online Lush Lasses thread. 

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Tom Holland can fuck off, we already have our Spider-Man.

Zendaya can come for trebles in Dobson’s though.

40 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Aye he was absolutely shocking the announcer bloke. He literally has to read the team out, shout “enjoy the geym” and play a few songs, yet he failed massively. 

I'm guessing he must be a holdover from the Ashley era they haven't got round to replacing yet.

1 hour ago, kisearch said:

Sancho is fucking class, but my God is it obvious they bought him without any joined up thinking as to why he was so good in Dortmund's system. 

Aye critical point, this is exactly why the whole club needs a philosophy and a sporting director who hires both players and managers for the sake of continuity. 

we did well tonight the team should be proud, I thought we should have had a pen as well, was a clear foul on Fraser for me, his legs were swiped from under him. 

1 hour ago, kisearch said:

Sancho is fucking class, but my God is it obvious they bought him without any joined up thinking as to why he was so good in Dortmund's system. 

I’m not convinced he is that level tbh. No doubt very good, but he had so much space and intelligent movement around him at Dortmund that he could thrive. It’s the same for England, where he just doesn’t look threatening to the full-back or that he’s going to be highly influential when I’ve seen him. Southgate definitely proven right to play Saka and Sterling ahead of him at the Euros. 

As mint as that was, I'm properly crushed tonight. Definitely feels like 2 points lost when you add in those injuries - best we've played in yonks, one of our worst opponent performances in yonks yet still no win :( 

Really hope we get those Everton and Southampton games postponed because they could be very winnable in the New Year.

And the redemption of Joelinton is almost biblical - his past month has been outstanding. Bit cliched but he genuinely is like a new signing as a midfield machine.

Love floodlit nights like this :aww: 

Went to my first game in 3 and a half years tonight. Great atmosphere, and much better on the pitch than I expected. Can't believe we were going for the second at 1-0 and 1-1, expected a tortuous hour sitting back. Not surprising we didn't get it, that's the difference between struggling teams and those pushing for Europe. Disappointed in the end with a point, but also thought they might pop up with a penalty, free kick or moment of magic (or mistake from us) from nowhere and really make it hurt.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

2 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Sancho is too slow. 

He is a top player. Playing at Man Utd is totally different to a competent side in different league. His career won't work at Man Utd as he needed a few more years at Dortmund. Now he's expected to be the finished article in the toughest league with probably the most unbalanced side despite its quality.

Sancho has been brilliant for us lately, so not sure where the criticism is coming from. He was torturing your left side when he come on and put one on a plate for Cavani which he fluffed.

Probably our best player last night after De Gea, though suppose that isn't saying much as everybody was terrible.

Not to take anything away from your performance at all which was very good, but I think if we had started with Sancho on the right instead of Rashford things would have been different. Rashford is atrocious, and it's painful to watch. Ole used to fire him out on the right and it never, ever worked so I have no idea why Rangnick is doing the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Not to take anything away from your performance at all which was very good, but I think if we had started with Sancho on the right instead of Rashford things would have been different. Rashford is atrocious, and it's painful to watch. Ole used to fire him out on the right and it never, ever worked so I have no idea why Rangnick is doing the same thing.

Rashford has a good record against us so I can see why he played. I like Sancho but i haven’t seen enough evidence to suggest he would have changed the game by starting last night.

Also if Wilson hadn’t gone off I think we would have got a 2nd at some point, so swings in roundabouts.

17 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I thought Rashford was one of your better players to be honest. Better than Greenwood. Yes perhaps Sancho.in from the start would have made it different. But Rashford was ok. Ronaldo and Bruno were absolutely crap. Whining Portugirls.

Just now, nufcjb said:

I thought Rashford was one of your better players to be honest. Better than Greenwood. Yes perhaps Sancho.in from the start would have made it different. But Rashford was ok. Ronaldo and Bruno were absolutely crap. Whining Portugirls.

Greenwood was poor but he has barely played any minutes in about 2 months since having Covid. Rashford has been starting every game somehow. All he does is run into traffic or else stand still and do stupid feints and slow everything down. His pace will always get him opportunities but he needs to improve massively.

Sancho should never be on the bench for either Rashford or Greenwood.

Agree on Bruno and Ronaldo but could understand Ronaldo's frustration last night. At least two or three times we were away on the counter and the simple pass was fucked up, twice by Rashford. Bruno suspended now. Donny still probably won't get a game.