Newcastle United 1 - 1 Manchester United (27/12/2021)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

McTominay is absolutely garbage. Offers absolutely nothing.

He’s not even young, he’s 25.

Still amazes me that he’s playing for Man Utd and not in the Championship.

That's actually shocked me, for some reason thought he was 22-23 at most 

2 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Have we talked yet about the bloke filling in as announcer who didn’t know the players names? 

And the radge happy hardcore mix of Mike and the Mechanics when he CD skipped at half time.

4 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Have we talked yet about the bloke filling in as announcer who didn’t know the players names? 

Didn't announce Cavani coming on, his CD player broke, then he couldn't tell the difference between a four and a six.

3 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

And the radge happy hardcore mix of Mike and the Mechanics when he CD skipped at half time.

And he announced 4 minutes of stoppage time at the end of the game after 6 minutes was shown. He then corrected himself. 

Anyone reckon he'd been on the piss all day like everyone else seemed to have been? [emoji38]

Edited by Scoot

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

... And the fact he announced 4 additional minutes not 6,and interrupted local hero to say enjoy the game :lol:

I can’t stand that fucking ‘enjoy the game’ just before kick off.

They should cut the fucking PA after that PL anthem has played for me and read out the teams. 

Nothing like letting it build organically instead of drowning out the fucking crowd right up until kick off. A good old fashioned reading out of the team ,with people punching the air to every name always used to do it for me.

As the trust seem incapable of anything worth while, could you lads at Wor Flags not have a word ?

I think he was drafted in 5 minutes prior to announcing the names? He clearly didn’t know them as he couldn’t pronounce them and didn’t bother with some first names. J Mankwillo, C Wilson, Dean de Gea, and David van de Beek were personal highlights. Also, the fact that he read it like a shopping list without even a hint of excitement :lol:

Just now, Whitley mag said:

They should cut the fucking PA after that PL anthem has played for me and read out the teams. 

Nothing like letting it build organically instead of drowning out the fucking crowd right up until kick off. A good old fashioned reading out of the team ,with people punching the air to every name always used to do it for me.

As the trust seem incapable of anything worth while, could you lads at Wor Flags not have a word ?

I think we've mentioned one or two things but we have to be careful not to overdo it :lol: for what it's worth, I think we're in absolute agreement. :thup: but obviously they help us with certain things too...

Just now, Whitley mag said:

I’ve contacted the club about it and others should too. At Norwich, Burnley, and Man U home fans were still singing after full time and they drowned them out with music. It’s so, so stupid and self defeating.

32 minutes ago, Robster said:

Memories of the announcer in the mid 90's having a terrible time trying to pronounce Ugo Ehiogu :lol:

Wow I’m sure I remember that and he was announced as Hugo egg ogg you!

I know a lot of you folk go regular but for me last night just galvanised my sense of optimism. 

The place looked and sounded amazing and I thought that gave lads an extra 10% across the pitch. To have that feeling back will be huge now and going into next season - whatever division we're in. 

I wasn’t there and I’m sure SKY lower any atmosphere volume these days which is where I watched it on, but loads of pals I know went and said the atmosphere was class and there was lots of support of the players and especially Howe. Loads of kids making their match day debuts for Xmas presents too, lovely stuff!

Edited by HTT II

57 minutes ago, Heron said:

I think we've mentioned one or two things but we have to be careful not to overdo it :lol: for what it's worth, I think we're in absolute agreement. :thup: but obviously they help us with certain things too...

Are any of those one or two things to bring back the good version of the Blaydon races?

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Are any of those one or two things to bring back the good version of the Blaydon races?

Not that I can recall. It would be good though if they did. Would like to think the club could work with fans on these finer details like via the trust or fans forums, obviously we'd be haopy to work with them too :thup:

6 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Wasn’t there but thought it was poor against Man City. Their fans were singing ”Is this the Etihad”.

Was decent considering we were 1-0 down quite soon into the match.

There was only one set of fans singing in the last ten mins and it wasn’t them cheeky Cunts. 

34 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I wasn’t there and I’m sure SKY lower any atmosphere volume these days which is where I watched it on, but loads of pals I know went and said the atmosphere was class and there was lots of support of the players and especially Howe. Loads of kids making their match day debuts for Xmas presents too, lovely 

Atmosphere last night sounded unbelievable