Newcastle United 1 - 1 Manchester United (27/12/2021)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Haaland started it, but no I'm happy to say that was completely unnecessary. :lol:

Curious to know what you made of your performance and in particular Neville's comments?

Edited by Heron

Just now, Heron said:

Curious to know what you made of your performance and in particular Neville's comments?

Utter shite, particularly defensively and what he said is 100% true. Bunch of entitled whinging cunts. So much talent in the squad but it's the most unlikeable squad we've had since I started supporting them. 

11 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It's part of the game. Just like Ole's tackle on Rob Lee. Completely necessary. :)

Exactly and NUFC dont do enough of it, early enough.   When kraft hauled down ManU when he was breaking, I actually cheered.   Before we would have just let him run on.  We need to be game savvy, to survive.   

Hopefully we will stay up but if we dont keep Howe and build back better!

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Utter shite, particularly defensively and what he said is 100% true. Bunch of entitled whinging cunts. So much talent in the squad but it's the most unlikeable squad we've had since I started supporting them. 

Aye. I cannot stand Fernandez despite his talent. Ronaldo is a bit more tolerable but that's largely down to the fact he's one of the greatest of all time. Thought the way they were going on was embarassing. You're light years off Man City and Liverpool at the moment, and to progress, in my opinion you need rid of Ronaldo as he is not only plastering over cracks, he's actually pulling the team apart. 

Edited by Heron

1 hour ago, Ben said:

How poor is Slab Heed ? He has the turning circle of a Tug Boat, his positioning is awful, he sometimes does a racking pass but then fluffs an easy one and he's a red card waiting to happen, I hope he's not first choice going to the World Cup. 

Proper hope they’re forced into partnering Jones alongside him at some point because it’ll be absolutely fucking hilarious.

It's staggering Man-U have spent a billion pounds since Fergie retired and yet they are miles away from challenging for the title 

Just goes to show simply throwing money about isn't a solution, getting the right structure with the right manager is key and that's where Man-U have failed miserably

8 minutes ago, carpetman1 said:

Aye. I always like a booking. I was doing cartwheels  when Clark was sent off. 

Clearly missing the point. That booking arguably won us a point in a game where a point was arguably a bonus. Clark's sending off weakened us at the start of a big game and also for the games of his suspension; Where 3 points against our league rivals were vital.

Nobody wants our playeta booked, but they see when it's for the greater good. 

2 hours ago, olliemort said:

Best performance since i can remember. I though Krafth was excellent and im no fan but he deserves a mention.

Even if we go down Howe has done a miraclous job since he came in.

I used to dread watching our passive shit performances under Bruce, looks like in the space of a couple of months howe has turned this around. 

Massive job to keep us up now with not enough points on the board along with the injuries but if we put in the same amount of effort as here and a few good early signings in January you never know.

At least we have our club back!

This for me as well. I admit I had written most of this bunch of players off, but was actually gobsmacked how even after they got knocked back by the setbacks they kept getting off the floor and having another go. I think we needed all 3 points to give us a real chance of beating relegation, but at least we've shown that there is some fight in there even if the quality is missing in key areas. 

I know Man U weren't great, but they still have much better players than us so our lads deserve plenty of credit for that display. 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Just watched the highlights of this man. How the fuck didn't we win this.

Dear fucking me. 

Can’t help but be disappointed by this result and the Norwich one.

Not the performances, but that’s four really key points dropped rather than two earned based on how we were in relative control for both games.

Would currently be outside the relegation zone with those four points.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Just watched the highlights of this man. How the fuck didn't we win this.

Dear fucking me. 

Two lapses: ASM not burying that chance and someone (take your pick of who) giving Cavani the time to score. Tighten up those fine margins and we win the game. Same with Clark/Norwich and Darlow/Brentford. Liverpool, Leicester and Man City we lose even without us chucking it in the net. 

Relegationariffic basically. We drew with Man Utd at home last time we went down n'all. It's a miracle we're not the only pile of shite in the league this time. 

The amount of times both Schar and Lascelles headed the ball completely or relatively unchallenged without even trying to aim the header at a team mate was one of the most infuriating things I noticed this match. We lost possession and invited pressure onto ourselves so many times due to this. It needs to be adressed and worked on in training.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

The amount of times both Schar and Lascelles headed the ball completely or relatively unchallenged without even trying to aim the header at a team mate was one of the most infuriating things I noticed this match. We lost possession and invited pressure onto ourselves so many times due to this. It needs to be adressed and worked on in training.

The only way that will be addressed is buying better players. You need good footballers for that sort of awareness, we've been buying championship standard players for the last 10 years. 

Schar could possibly do it if surrounded by a team of good players, but even he is probably past his peak years now. Eventually if we want to realise the ideal of playing good football, we'll need defenders who can play their way out, and full backs who can cause real problems at the other end of the pitch. 

Just now, TRon said:

The only way that will be addressed is buying better players. You need good footballers for that sort of awareness, we've been buying championship standard players for the last 10 years. 

Schar could possibly do it if surrounded by a team of good players, but even he is probably past his peak years now. Eventually if we want to realise the ideal of playing good football, we'll need defenders who can play their way out, and full backs who can cause real problems at the other end of the pitch. 

Agree 100%, but it should still get attention on the training field so it is in the back of the CB's heads during matches, while we wait for better players. I saw both Schar and Lascelles, completely unchallenged, with available team mates not under pressure close by head the ball needlessly up field to none specific only for us to lose possession. Even Schar and Lascelles would be able to find a team mate in those situations if they were concious about it.

Just now, Conjo said:

Agree 100%, but it should still get attention on the training field so it is in the back of the CB's heads during matches, while we wait for better players. I saw both Schar and Lascelles, completely unchallenged, with available team mates not under pressure close by head the ball needlessly up field to none specific only for us to lose possession. Even Schar and Lascelles would be able to find a team mate in those situations if they were concious about it.

Tbf, it's probably exactly what Howe preaches, if anyone can get the central defenders to head the ball intelligently, it will be him. It infuriates me just as much tbh. Always been one of my bugbears. 

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Don’t like that 4-2-2-2 thing rangick is trying to play, it’s not working at all.

They'd be so much better without Ronaldo in the team. Feels like everyone is having to play in different positions just to keep him happy